Chapter 27

Sophie

"Gethen, can you please just finish the Moonlark? Goodness gracious, all she does is get in our way," Gisela exclaimed.

Gethen walked up to Sophie, and Sophie flinched as the melder was about to blast her. But then it stopped.

"What is taking you so long?" Gisela screamed, tapping her foot.

"I can't kill my own daught-" Gethen covered his mouth. He started slowly walking backward.

"Your what?" Gisela asked, dropping the melder in her hands.

Sophie collapsed to the ground.

"Nothing. I just don't like killing things," Gethen said, trying to cover up the mistake he had made.

"Now I know why the Moonlark is an Enhancer. It all makes sense, but you on the other hand have to explain yourself," Gisela recognized.

"So, Gethen's an Enhancer?" Keefe asked.

"Yes and a Telepath," Gisela said through gritted teeth.

"He's my fath-" Those words were too hard for Sophie to finish.

"Apparently."

"Why would he be part of Project Moonlark and the Neverseen?" Maruca asked.

"I don't know! Maybe you should ask the father."

Gethen took a deep breath.

"I was given orders to join the Neverseen, by a guy named Errol Forkle. I believe you guys know him as Mr. Forkle. He told me to act as evil as I could, but I kind of got carried away. Right now, I remember him telling me one thing. 'Protect your girl, Gethen.' I've kept that all these years. Yes, I have hurt you, but I only hurt you cause I knew you would recover. I would never kill you," Gethen explained.

"Great story. NOW YOU WILL DIE!!!!" Gisela screamed.

"STOP!" Sophie yelled.

Gisela surprisingly stopped and looked at Sophie.

"What now?"

"DON'T KILL HIM. If he wouldn't kill me, then he deserves the same."

"But, I don't deserve that. You need to let her kill me. I'm a terrible person."

"DON'T KILL HIM! DEX GRAB THAT MELDER ON THE GROUND AND CUT MARUCA AND KEEFE'S CUFFS! MARELLA, GRAB THE OTHER MELDER ON THE GROUND, AND BLAST GETHEN WITH IT. HE'LL ONLY BE UNCONSCIOUS!" Sophie screamed.

"Why did you just scream your plan? That's so stupid," Fitz said.

As Dex and Marella were doing as they were told, Linh and Sophie pulled out a melder. Linh took out Gisela, and Sophie took out Fitz. Sophie wanted to cry, but she reminded herself that he'd only be unconscious.

"Come on guys. We have to drop these off at Eternalia," Sophie said.

Keefe

When they leaped to Eternalia, everything was completely silent, but then there was a ray of sunlight that shot out from the sky and Ruy and Mr. Forkle glittered into view.

"Woah, captured the Neverseen? Didn't you guys have a tribunal for Glimmer this morning?" Ruy laughed.

"Yeah, but Keefe and Maruca got captured by the Neverseen and we had to save them," Sophie explained.

"So what are you guys doing here?" Keefe asked.

"Mr. Forkle told me that he needed help with something, and that he couldn't find any of you so I was his only option, but I guess I can go now that you guys are here. So b-" Ruy started.

"Wait Ruy. I need you to stay. Have you noticed anything strange about Gethen before with me as the subject?" Sophie asked.

"Well, I remember him pacing around the whole hideout after he struck you with a melder," Ruy said.

"That makes sense now. Now Mr. Forkle."

Mr. Forkle looked at Sophie like she was about to join the Neverseen.

"You have some explaining to do."

"Sophie, I didn't know it would get to him and he would actually change. Yes, I regret it, but if he still protects you like he said he would maybe he's not that bad." Mr. Forkle shrugged.

"What's going on?" Ruy asked.

"Gethen's my father."

"WHAT?!?! Yeah, Forkle you really need to explain to these kids. I can't believe you."

"I suppose Ruy is right, but-"

"No buts. You do not get to get away that easy," Sophie demanded.

Just then Oralie came out of her castle.

"What is with all the commotion? Do you guys need something?" Oralie asked.

"Gethen's my father," Sophie answered.

Oralie stepped back. She looked like she would fade away just from shock. Then she walked up to Mr. Forkle, and for the first time she screamed right in front of his face.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME A MEMBER OF THE NEVERSEEN WOULD BE INVOLVED WITH THIS!!! YOU-YOU. UGH." Oralie was crying.

Keefe was so confused. Why was Oralie getting so worked up? It's not like she was a part of Project Moonlark.

"What's with Oralie?" Keefe asked.

"Nothing," Mr. Forkle, Oralie, and Sophie said in unison.

"Ummm that kind of makes it something if you all had the same answer," Marellla reasoned.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Dex asked.

"If you won't te-" Ruy paused. His eyes bugged out. He stepped backward. "SERIOUSLY?!?!"

"Yeah." Sophie sighed.

"WHAT?!?!" Marella, Dex, Maruca, and Linh yelled.

"What are you guys talking about?" Keefe yelled.

"Oralie," Sophie started.

"Is her," Mr. Forkle added.

Oralie looked away.

"Mother," Ruy finished.

"WHAT?!?!" Dex yelled.

"BUT ORALIE'S A COUNCILLOR!" Keefe and Maruca yelled.

"Yes, Oralie is a Councillor, so what?" Bronte asked, stepping out of his castle.

Oralie looked at the ground. Keefe regretted yelling.

"What's the problem?" Bronte asked.

"Ummm, everything is okay. We're ju-" Keefe started. Trying to make things right after yelling.

"It's okay Keefe. You don't have to lie," Oralie said.

"What? Tell me what's wrong now," Bronte scowled.

"I'm-I'm Sophie's mother." 

A/N

The secret's out now! At least, for some people. What did you guys think of Gethen being Sophie's father? Do you think this could actually happen? Any other theories for who her dad is in the real books? I feel like Gethen being her dad is possible, but improbable. Julia thinks that it's Gethen, or possibly Terik...

This chapter was written by 1234567890lalalala. Go follow her if you like this story!