5-- Chance of Rain?

Coming out of the hospital, I was beyond angry. I hated that guy with every fiber of my being. He was the absolute definition of player. Only I don't know what guys saw in him. If he wasn't checking out the nurses he was making snarky remarks at how crappy I looked. He went so far as "accidentally" dropping his wallet on the other side of the room. He threw it there in front of her and she still had the nerve to bend down for him, and all he did was smile and gape at her ass. He disgusted me.

The doctor cleared me as an out patient, and I hightailed my ass outta there before I could hear The dude insult me once more. I think of all the things he said to me, it was a tie between how stupid I was to run like a maniac in broad daylight, or how careless I was to not have any identification, phone, or money on me.

If I could, he would have been laying in a hospital bed right next to mine.

The doctor said to take it easy, so that's what I did. I walked. All the way home. I did it before, way back when I first moved here. Harlington was too...Party-ish mixed with hot sex. I didn't fit in anywhere in terms of both aspects. I was 18, becoming a senior, somewhat of a loner, and a virgin.

I didn't mind being who I was. Compared to people here, I felt more real than all the girls at FU school put together. At least I didn't follow the crowd. I was original. If only being original didn't have to feel so alone.

Sure, Vince and I were buds, but he didn't acknowledge me much less walk near me when we were at school. He would cover it up and say that he had to protect his image, and being with me would have put a damper on things. He wouldn't have the same respect. He even said he wouldn't be able to have the Scarlets worshipping him, something he would say was weird, but what he was secretly in awe about. A group of girls (or I should say all except me) worshipped him, and he embraced it.

At first I was mad, but i couldn't change anything at FU. People here were set in their ways, and interfering with that was difficult enough when you're a loner. So I Just let it go. Moving to Harlington, I had to let a lot of things go. Especially the things and people I loved the most.

Hanging out with Vince this summer was nice, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was using him as much as he was using me. I used him as a crutch, and he used me as an outlet. Apparently being popular wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

He liked having me around because I didn't care who he was to everyone else and I thought that was good enough starting point in our 3 week relationship. Until what happened with him and Scarlet.

Now walking home, nightfall was blanketing the sky and the rain started to fall, I really didn't want anything to do with him anymore. He had his fun, so I should let things go back to the way they were before we ever did all this. Being friends was the best relationship we ever had. He ever could have at least.

The thought made me almost smile. Even with the rainfall, I knew I was crying. Another relationship that didn't end well. At least, for me it didn't. I always made it so the guy felt better. I just couldn't hurt someone I loved. I would rather hurt than hurt them.

Even if it killed me each time. Vince cheating on me hurt me so much I couldn't even walk anymore. I just wanted to sit down and cry in the rain. At least I know I wouldn't be bothered.

I was probably halfway home when a car came strolling by. I didn't look at the car or acknowledge it, just kept walking and looking forward or at the ground.

"Hey, Get in! It's raining outside!" It was the guy from the beach. The big asinine player. Just what I needed.

I was soaked again. Just like that night, reaching the park I ran to crying and swinging on the swings. It made everything look blurry, and I could barely breathe right enough to answer him. It really was raining hard today. Only thing to add to my misery, he had to come drive by.