Chapter Eight

"So do you know of the company you will apply to? There are lots of them hiring this month, if you want I can ask around, I have a course mate working in one of the best-"

"No Richy you do not need to bother. I already found a comoany. It's called Brayden's Enterprises I will apply there"

"Um haven't heard of that one. Are you sure you would be comfortable working there?"

"Yes you, besides I am a people's person I know how to-"

"Get cash from people just by smiling and battling your eyelashes ?"

"You know me so well Richy, so well. I love you and thank you for checking up on me"

"Hey will love you always, be good and please do not get into trouble. I wouldn't want to come drag your ass home to your dad. Though dragging your ass home wouldn't be a bad idea" and then he laughed.

"Richard Henderson you have a girlfriend!"

"I know Amber. I know" Then he ended the call.

****
"Sorry how may I help you Mrs?" The receptionist asked. So let me bring you up to point here. I sent an application to Brayden's Enterprises. It wasn't easy trust me and after just two hours I got a reply that I should come to the company the next day, but apparently the receptionist refused to get this into her head. So for the up tenth time, I said.

"My name is Amber Aiden and I sent an application to the company and was told to come here for an interview today and I am miss not Mrs" she pretended to type in something "Yeah I know I heard you the first thousand times you spoke"

"So why won't you let me in?" I asked the woman. In her glory of being a receptionist, eyed me from head to wherever her eyes would land next apparently with a calculating look in her eyes.

"You won't last long" she said and after a moments since she spoke again "Mr Carl is waiting for you. He will be your interviewer. You will find his office on the sixth floor, the elevators ate by your left unless you would like to take the stairs. Now be gone. I have work to do"

Jeez talk about politeness. I could bet my last coin that she didn't speak like that to clients and customers. She would put on the fakes the smile on her plastic and artifical face and sing with angelic voices to the business associates.

Humming to myself I walked up to the elevators. I think we all know what they are, how they function and how they look like, so no need for details okay.

Damn! Was the first thing I said once I stepped out of the elevator, well yes there were a few people on the elevator with me that kept on throwing me strange glances maybe because I am a few years younger than them or because the work outfit I wore wasn't exactly what they wore. And i noticed that immediately I stepped out into the lobby, all the males wore suits and even the females they were in trousers. It made me stand out abit well until I saw one or two legs in skirts. Do not get me wrong, I was so comfortable with what I wore, but you couldn't compare my outfit with theirs.

Yes I wore a pencil skirt that show cased my beautiful curves. I got fine feminine assets bitch that make you go wow. And a cute baby blue shirt and a black belt with low heels. My clothes looked like they had been handpicked from the nearest damp and we'll theirs, looked like it had been pulled out of the most famous fashion French magazines. Even at that I walked with confidence, head held up high and two middle fingers saying hell yeah mama's in the house. That was until I reached the receptionist in the lobby, I was about to open my mouth and introduce myself when-

"Miss Aiden Amber" a man approached me, he was tall, light skinned, sliver eyes, brownish greyish silverish hair it had different colours so do not judge me. I am not a colour freak okay. A simle that reached his eyes and he wore surprise, surprise a silver suit. It made him look so good actually. And he looked quite young maybe in his late twenties. He extended a hand out to me and with instinct I shook it "Um hello sir, I am Amber Aiden who might you be?"

"Oh where are my manners. I am Carl Peters and I will be interviewing you today, please follow me so we can start immediately. I must say you are on time" by now we were in his office. Whoever owned the companies preferred transparency, because the walls that separated the office from the lobby and the outside world were made out of glass. I guess the owner wanted to get those using working hours for fucking hours anyway back to the point.

______________________________________