Chapter Sixteen

Mulai dari awal

They made their way out of the gym and back up the elevator to return to the living quarters. As the doors slid open Zoë was greeted by the same beautiful face she had been excited to see again.

"Nat!" She exclaimed.

The red head turned and grinned back "Hey cutie" she greeted affectionately before opening her arms wide.

Zoë accepted the unspoken invitation and dashed up to her, hugging her tightly. Despite the fact that they had only met recently, Nat felt like the big sister she didn't know she always wanted.

Steve chuckled warmly as he walked up to the two of them "How come you'll let Nat and Tom hold you like that, but not your old man?" He asked.

Zoë scowled at him and poked her tongue out "Because you smell" she joked.

Nat laughed and pulled away from the hug "Who's Tom?" She asked curiously.

"Her boyfriend" Sam answered for them as he approached from the stairs.

Nat nodded, looking back at Zoë "Makes sense" she said.

Zoë smiled "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked with a nervous laugh.

The other woman grinned at her "Come on, you're gorgeous Zoë. I'm not exactly surprised you have a boyfriend" she explained "a little disappointed maybe" she added with a quick wink.

Zoë blushed darkly and Sam whistled "Damn girl, look at you getting all the attention" he teased, affectionately shoving her arm.

Zoë shoved him back and shook her head "Nat I need your help, I only have like three shirts and two pairs of jeans and I've never been very good at the whole shopping thing" she admitted honestly.

Nat grinned and nodded "Perfect! I need to get a new outfit for Friday anyway. Are you free now?" She asked.

Zoë looked over at Steve as they were still in the middle of training "Go ahead, kid. We can continue another day" he assured her.

She smiled gratefully and nodded "Let me just go shower and change" she replied turning back to Nat. After all that sparring she had worked up quite the sweat and didn't exactly want to go shopping like that.

Zoë dashed up the stairs and down to her room. Part of her expected to see Loki waiting for her somewhere in the room but unfortunately it was empty. She pushed aside her disappointment and stripped her clothes off. She showered quickly and pulled her last set of clothes on before making her way back down the stairs.

"Zoë, is it okay if Pepper comes with us?" Nat asked as she came into view.

Zoë smiled at the woman with strawberry blonde hair and nodded "Of course" she agreed, she was curious to get to know the woman that had managed to tie down Tony Stark.

A relieved smile spread on her face and she stood "I look forward to getting to know you" she said.

Zoë smiled a little wider and nodded "Let's go then, I've got a huge wardrobe in that room that's just too depressing to see so empty" she urged with a laugh.

Nat chuckled and nodded "You don't have to tell me twice" she agreed.

****

"Come on and show us!" Nat insisted as she and Pepper were sat outside the changing rooms.

"I don't know, I don't think I have the body to pull this off" Zoë doubted as she glanced at herself in the mirror. The other two women had convinced her to try on this short backless blue dress.

"Well we won't know until you show us" Pepper argued.

They were right. Zoë sighed and pulled the curtain to the side before stepping out. The two woman watched as Zoë slowly turned "Well?" She asked.