Chapter Seventeen

(( TW-: Self harm, forced sterilisation ))

"Well you might need another bottle" Zoë chuckled as she finished her tenth glass.

Sam swayed a little and laughed "You seriously feel nothing?" He asked.

Zoë thought about lying since her pride was on the line but she was also a scientist and the results from an experiment were sacred, so she shook her head "Not nothing, but no where near drunk" she said honestly.

Tony laughed and nodded to Steve "You heard the lady, go get another bottle" he instructed.

Steve frowned "You don't think that's unnecessary? If she feels the effects, even a little, then we've proven she can get drunk" he argued.

Bruce shook his head after finishing his glass, he had only had three but the light pink dusting his cheeks showed that he was already intoxicated. "Not necessarily, until she is actually drunk we have proven nothing" he corrected.

"Bruce is correct, like always" Zoë grinned.

The man chuckled to himself and shook his head "You really need to stop complementing me so much" he said quietly.

Steve sighed and stood to retrieve the bottle as requested. Zoë smiled at Nat "How you feeling?" She asked, while she held her liquor well she had the same amount as Zoë and it had hit her a lot harder.

The red head giggled and watched Steve walk away "He's got a really great ass, is that part of the serum?" She asked looking back at Zoë.

Everyone else laughed and Zoë shook her head "I don't think so, mine is pretty average and I haven't seen the Winter Soldier's ass. Steve might be an outlier" she concluded.

"I definitely wouldn't say average" Bruce disagreed before looking up in horror at everyone staring at him shocked "please tell me I didn't say that out loud" he begged.

Zoë blushed and laughed with Tony who clapped "I knew it! I bet you totally loved seeing Zoë in nothing but your shirt yesterday" he laughed.

Nat gasped then "You slept with the hulk!?" She asked

Zoë's face burned red and so did Bruce's "Nat maybe you should drink some water" Steve suggested as he handed Zoë the bottle he had brought back.

"I absolutely did not sleep with Bruce!" Zoë stressed avidly.

"You slept with someone though" Pepper interrupted.

Everyone looked at her in shock and Zoë avoided eye contact with everyone while she pulled the cork from the bottle before taking a large gulp. "How do you know?" Sam asked.

Nat giggled again and nodded at Pepper who chuckled "We saw the hickies when Zoë was trying on dresses" she explained.

All eyes turned back on the blonde, she shook her head and took more than a large gulp this time. She swallowed about half the bottle before placing it down on the table and gasping for breath "Okay now you can ask" she consented, finally feeling the effects of the whisky.

"Where were the hickies?" Sam asked

Steve made a face "I don't wanna know" he grumbled.

Nat answered before Zoë could "Everywhere" she whispered with a giggle.

Pepper giggled too and Tony's jaw dropped as he looked at the young woman's thighs "Oh my god how did we not notice those?!" He asked, pointing at the purple marks peaking out the bottom of Zoë's shorts.

Bruce's eyes widened as he glanced at the exposed skin and Zoë blushed. She shook her head and picked the bottle up once more.

"Nope I was wrong I'm gonna need more" she said before finishing the bottle. Her head spun and she smiled "There it is" she giggled, it took a bottle and half of strong 30 year aged whisky but she could in fact get drunk.