Prologue

"Nirea we should talk to her"

"No. It's not the right time yet"

"And when will it be?!?!"

"She will not believe us. We can't risk it...we can't afford to lose her..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Aphrodite and I am 18 years old. I live in Thessaloniki all my life with my parents and my little sister. I always felt that I had to make a great effort to make friends, to socialize, to "fit in" with the whole. I do not know why it was so difficult for me ...

Well ... maybe it was the fact that I enjoyed more the company of the sea, the animals, a good book and the music. Ahhh how much I look forward to the moment of the day when everyone is away from home and I stay alone with my guitar. My parents tell me that I have an angelic voice and urge me to join the school choir but I flatly refuse. Me?Go on stage with so many people downstairs and look at me? Feel all these looks? Better kill me.

Of course, not everything is as tragic as I present it. I have my friend Athena with whom I have been friends since we were babies and we share the same love for books and peace, my friend Panagiotis with whom We have known since elementary school and he always found a way to make me happy. Of course, my role was (and continues to be) to get him out of the troubles he is getting into.

However, my parents were not happy with the level of education i was getting from my school and so in high school I was forced to attend a private one. I cried a lot, knowing that in the 15 years of my life I managed to make only 2 friends and now I will be in a new environment, with new people, without them.

I was lucky enough to say? I got a gift from heaven? To meet Ioanna and Myrto, even though we are completely different characters, and hang out with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We met at the beginning of High School:

I was walking down the aisle when I heard a girl from a group of people next to me commenting on how much she is in love with her friend's boyfriend, who was standing right in front of her! So I turned my head and noticed that the girl had not even opened her mouth to speak and the topic of the conversation had nothing to do with what I heard. I was confused.

"Do I hear voices now?" I wondered ... Unfortunately for me, of course, I did not see the stairs in front of me, so I had a majestic fall and landed om my face in front of Ioanna and Myrto. Obviously I had become a laughing stock and I wanted the earth to open up to swallow me ... as the laughter grew louder my desire to crawl and hide in my hole increased.

<<Girl are you okay? Have you hit? >> I raised my head and at first, I saw a hand and then Myrto's face.

"No, I'm fine, thank you very much" I replied and pulled a tuft of my hair behind my ear as I took her hand and stood up.

"Okay guys, you laughed, stop it now" said Ioanna.

"Girlfriend, you have to be more careful, I have not seen such acrobatics even in the circus" said Ioanna, smiling politely

"Oh Ioanna you cant be seriously telling her something like this RIGHT now ?!" said Myrto angrily

"Hahaha it doesn't matter ,everything is fine"

"My name is Myrto and this crazy person next to me is Ioanna"

"I am Aphrodite, nice to meet you"

"Do you have anything to do after school?" Myrto asked

"Umm...no, why?"

<< Now you have. We will wait for you at school's gate to go for coffee >>

And that was the beginning of a wonderful friendship ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls really helped Aphrodite become more dynamic, believe in herself and have more fun. Thanks to them she was now defending herself and did not let anybody to mess with her. However, she never lost or hid the other aspects of herself.

Athena

Panagiotis

Panagiotis

Ioanna

Myrto