Chapter 10

Parties were never really Sabrina's thing, even though she had organised about 700 of them in her life. Both of her parents had been big party animals, so she didn't know where this shy side of her came from. She sat in Wanda's room, putting on some makeup. She never wore makeup, but she put a small bit on anyways. It was natural, just as she wanted it to be. "So, are you going to drink tonight?" Wanda asked. Sabrina shook her head. She never drank. "Nope," she said, putting her makeup away. She began to brush her hair when Nat walked out of the bathroom. "I am getting so drunk tonight," she said. Sabrina laughed. "Lucky Steve," she muttered. Her and Wanda burst out laughing. Nat rolled her eyes and finished touching up her makeup. "I think I'm going to go savage mode on Tony and Steve tonight," Sabrina said. Wanda raised an eyebrow. "How?" Sabrina shrugged. "I don't know. But I want to," she said. Nat nodded. "I want to see this," she said with a laugh. "You ladies ready?" Wanda said. Sabrina glanced at the clock. They were already 15 minutes late. 'Fashionably late' as they liked to call it. Sabrina nodded and stood up. She looked in the mirror. They all wore the same thing: a white, bodycon dress with white, strappy heels and wore a halo hairband. She smiled and followed the others out of Wanda's room.

As they stepped out of the elevator, the loud music roared. Sabrina looked around and followed Nat and Wanda to the room where the party was going on. They walked in and all of the Avenger's heads immediately turned towards them. Sabrina searched for Bucky's bright orange jumpsuit, but she didn't see him. She smiled weakly and didn't let it get to her. Thor bounded towards them. "You ladies look beautiful, as usual," he said, bowing to them. Sabrina laughed and walked down the stairs. "As do you," she said. She saw Tony glaring at her, which she ignored. Wanda pulled her towards the bar as Nat walked over to Steve. Sabrina laughed and followed Wanda. "A margarita for me and a water for the boring one over here," she said. Sabrina stuck her tongue out at her and laughed. The bartender nodded and handed them their drinks. Wanda smiled and sipped on hers. "Do you think Bucky will show up?" Sabrina sighed and shrugged. "Who knows. Maybe. Hopefully," she said, glancing at the door.

As the night passed, Sabrina made small talk. Bucky still hadn't shown. Suddenly, 'On The Floor' by Jennifer Lopez started playing and she felt Nat and Wanda drag her onto the dance floor. Sabrina hated dancing. She was good, but she hated attention and she always felt like everyone was staring at her when she was. But she decided that she would let loose today. The three girls started jumping and dancing, as did most of the people at the party. When the music slowed slightly before the chorus, she began slowly moving her hips around Wanda, who laughed. As the music sped up again, Sabrina started jumping with Wanda. She spotted a bright orange figure stood on the stairs, but couldn't get a clear look as Wanda spun her around quickly. She smiled but tried to see who it was. When Thor stood next to Wanda and began to dance with her, Sabrina left the dance floor and walked towards the stairs. She smiled as she saw Bucky stood there, staring at her. She waved and walked up to him. "Look at you!" She said with a laugh. Bucky smiled. "Look at you!" Sabrina's cheeks flushed pink and she laughed. She took his hand and led him to the dance floor. She saw Tony and Steve glaring at her, but she didn't care. She began to dance with Bucky, who had a hard time letting loose but he eventually started dancing as well. Sabrina smiled and laughed as they danced the night away.

Once the non-Avenger guests at the party had left, the Avengers sat around. They were sat around in a circle. Tony was in between Pepper and Bruce, Nat was in between Steve and Wanda, Sabrina was in between Wanda and Bucky, Bruce was in between Clint and Tony, Bucky was in between Thor and Sabrina and Pepper was in between Tony and Thor. "How about we do a lipsync battle?" Thor said. He was very clearly drunk. Sabrina laughed, as did the rest of the Avengers. Thor started lipsyncing and everyone followed. When it reached Sabrina's turn, she sighed. She hated this, but she was going to do it anyways. Then she got an idea. "I'm going savage mode," she whispered to Wanda and Nat as she stood up. They exchanged glances and smiled. "FRIDAY, play 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things' by Taylor Swift," she said.

((This is how it played out))

It was so nice throwing big parties
Jump into the pool from the balcony
Everyone swimming in a champagne sea
And there are no rules when you show up here
Bass beat rattling the chandelier
Feeling so Gatsby for that whole year
So why'd you have to rain on my parade?
I'm shaking my head
I'm locking the gates - Sabrina just walked around the circle seductively and lipsyncing

This is why we can't have nice things, darling
Because you break them, I had to take them away
This is why we can't have nice things, honey
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have nice things - She lipsynced this as she stared into Tony's eyes

It was so nice being friends again
There I was giving you a second chance
But you stabbed me in the back while shaking my hand
And therein lies the issue, friends don't try to trick you
Get you on the phone and mind-twist you
And so I took an axe to a mended fence
But I'm not the only friend you've lost lately (Hmm-hmm)
If only you weren't so shady - she lipsynced this as she looked into Steve's eyes. He shifted uneasily under her gaze, his cheeks flushing multiple shades of red.

This is why we can't have nice things, darling
Because you break them, I had to take them away
This is why we can't have nice things, honey
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have... - she glanced in between Steve and Tony as she walked around the circle

Here's a toast to my real friends
They don't care about the he said, she said - she lay across Wanda and Nat's laps

And here's to my baby
He ain't reading what they call me lately - she ran a hand along Bucky's chest as he smirked and looked at the floor

And here's to my mama
Had to listen to all this drama - she kissed Pepper on the cheek

And here's to you...
'Cause forgiveness is a nice thing to do - she tapped Tony and Steve on the nose

Hahaha, I can't even say it with a straight face!
This is why we can't have nice things, darling
Because you break them, I had to take them away
This is why we can't have nice (Uh-uh) things (Oh no), honey
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have nice things, darling - she walked around the circle glancing at Steve and Tony

And here's to my real friends - pointing at Nat and Wanda

Because you break them, I had to take them
And here's to my baby - pointing at Bucky

Nice things, honey
They don't care about the he said, she said
Did you think I wouldn't hear all the things you said about me?
This is why we can't have... nice things - she stuck up her middle finger to Tony and the other one to Steve with a smile

The rest of the Avengers clapped and cheered as Sabrina laughed. She sat back down. "Savage mode was achieved," Wanda said with a laugh. Sabrina smiled and looked at Bucky, who smiled up at her. Tony and Steve shifted uneasily in their seats. The rest of the Avengers did their performances and then they began to filter off to bed. Sabrina smiled and waited for the elevator. Bucky stood next to her. She looked up at him and smiled. "So I'm your baby?" He said with a laugh. She smiled. She had never heard him laugh before. She nodded and squeezed his hand. "I guess you are," she said with a laugh. He smiled softly as they stepped into the elevator.

As the doors closed, Bucky tilted Sabrina's head towards his and kissed her. Sabrina was surprised that she didn't pass out then and there. When they eventually separated, much to both their dismay, they smiled as they gazed into each other's eyes. The door slid open and they stepped out. "Goodnight, I guess," Sabrina said, trying to contain herself. Bucky smiled. "Goodnight, baby," he said with a smile, causing Sabrina to turn all shades of pink. She watched him walk into his room and she did the same. She couldn't believe what had just happened, and neither could he.