Chapter 9

Sabrina held the steering wheel tightly as she drove to the mall. Nat and Wanda were staring at her. "I don't know why you keep death-staring me. I have nothing to say," Sabrina said, keeping her eyes on the road. "Liar," Wanda said. "Oh my god. Just say what you have to say to me Wanda," Sabrina said. "Fine. You have a crush on Bucky Barnes," she said. Nat nearly choked on her water. "What!" Sabrina shrugged, glaring at Wanda through the rearview mirror. She shrugged. "That's why Tony and Steve have been so snappy lately," Nat said. Sabrina glared at her, but quickly looked back to the road. "You didn't hear what they said to me. They have no right to be snappy, only I do," Sabrina said as she pulled into the parking lot. Nat and Wanda exchanged glances. Sabrina turned around and looked at them when she had parked. "What I want to know is why we're not discussing the elephant in the room," she said. Wanda laughed, clearly reading Sabrina's mind. "What?" Nat said, looking between the two others. "The fact that you spent the night in Steve's room on Friday," Sabrina said, looking at Nat whose cheeks were quickly turning from pink to red. "We were talking about the mission," she said, avoiding eye contact. Sabrina rolled her eyes and laughed. "Liar," Wanda said as she unbuckled and stood out of the car. The three of them walked into the mall towards the costume shop.

"Hi. We're looking for sexy angel costumes," Wanda said, looking at the cashier. He was young, with a greasy mop of hair and who very clearly hated his job. He pointed towards the women's section. The girls walked towards it and looked at the rows of costumes. "Found it," Sabrina said, pointing towards a stack of angel costumes. "Get the smallest size," Wanda said with a laugh. Sabrina rolled her eyes, but picked up 3 XS costumes anyways. "I need to get a men's costume," Sabrina said, walking over to the men's section. "For Bucky?" Nat said. Sabrina rolled her eyes and smirked. She looked around and picked up a simple prisoner costume. "That should do," she said as they walked over to the cashier. He lazily scanned them and shoved them into a bag. Sabrina paid with the Stark Industries credit card. "We love spending daddy's money," Wanda said with a laugh. Sabrina rolled her eyes. "We love daddy's money but not daddy," she muttered under her breath.

When they got back to Stark Towers, Sabrina shoved the costumes under her bed. She knew Tony wouldn't approve of them; he never approved of her costumes. She took out Bucky's prisoner costume and knocked on his door. There was no response so she slowly opened the door. He wasn't in there. She was kind of disappointed, but she lay the costume on his bed. She walked back out and saw Steve staring at her. She walked down the stairs. She could hear his footsteps following her. "Go away Steve," she said. "You can't stay mad at me forever," he called after her. "Yes I can," she called. She walked into the women's bathroom, knowing that he wouldn't come in. She heard him sigh and walk off. She walked out and left. She needed a way to get back at the both of them, but she didn't know how.