Chapter 2

Sabrina sat by the window in Tony's office, staring out at the NYC skyline. "Steve told me that you found his friend," she said. Tony nodded. "Bucky Barnes, aka The Winter Soldier, aka James Buchanan Barnes. HYDRA brainwashed him big time. I don't know how Steve persuaded me to bring him back. I want you to stay away from him, do you hear me?" Tony called from somewhere in the big office. Sabrina rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah, whatever." She said, still staring out of the window. She often came up here, sometimes to think, sometimes to cry, sometimes for no reason at all. "We'll be leaving early tomorrow morning. I want you to programme FRIDAY to recognise Bucky before we get back. And obviously stay on the mics and all that jazz." Tony called. Sabrina nodded. "Got it," she said with a sigh. She stood up and headed towards the door. "Oi, bring it in," Tony said, walking towards her with his arms open. "A hug? What's gotten into you?" Sabrina said with a laugh as Tony pulled her into a hug. "Who knows. Apparently human connection is good for the soul or something. Pepper said something about it, wasn't really listening to be honest." He said, pulling away. Sabrina smiled slightly. "I'll see you when I see you," she said with a wave as she left the office.

She yawned as she waited for the elevator to open. "Good evening Lady Sabrina of the Stark dynasty," a deep voice boomed from behind her. Sabrina jumped a little with a laugh. "Hey Thor," she said as he stood next to her. "Are you ready for the big mission tomorrow?" Sabrina asked as they stepped into the elevator. "I was born ready. I am a God, if you didn't know." Thor said. Sabrina laughed. "Really? I never knew," she said sarcastically with a laugh. "Oh. Well I am. God of thunder. You really didn't know?" He asked. Sabrina laughed. "I knew. Impressive stuff, being a God and all. Well, goodnight Thor." Sabrina said as the elevator door opened. "Goodnight Lady Sabrina," Thor said, with a bow. She smiled and walked down the hall towards her room.

As she passed Steve's room, she noticed that the door was open. Steve's door was never open. She peered inside and saw him sat in front of the window, staring out of it. She walked over to him and sat down next to him. Steve didn't even glance over at her. Sabrina smiled softly and held out her hand in front of Steve. He looked down at it and took it, tracing circles in her palm. "It'll be ok Steve. You just need some sleep." Steve shrugged and continued tracing the circles in her palm. He rested his head against her shoulder and yawned. "Come on super soldier, into bed with you." Sabrina said with a smile as she gently stood up. Steve sighed, but stood up. He knew she was right. Steve lay down on his bed and curled up in a ball. Sabrina put a blanket over him and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight Steve," she said. "Goodnight Sabrina. Thank you, by the way," he said. Sabrina smiled and closed the door gently after her. Steve had had a crush on her at one stage, but Sabrina only saw him as a friend. She yawned and walked to her room. She lay on her bed and fell asleep immediately.