㋡𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

though I don't feel like bokuto-san would actually use anybody. 

do I know him enough to assume that?

you chewed at the thought, taking out your anxiety on your bottom lip before ultimately releasing it.

and with dull e/c eyes, you returned to the quest of making your lunch as you thought.

I don't.

Saturday came as soon as you ate your dinner and though you spent most of the day doing assignments and cleaning up—even going to the nearby convenience store—you consistently glanced at your phone.

Funnily the act reminded you of him and instead of hating him, you began to grow weary of the sorrow you felt for him.

why didn't he text me?

was all that akaashi said true or did he just not go to watch a match today?

why doesn't his girlfriend text him? so I wouldn't be enslaved to every vibration from my phone.

Saturday passed without any contact from your favorite ace. If this wasn't concrete evidence enough that you weren't needed, the only thing left was to meet his girlfriend yourself.

To solidify this rumor that she was a real human being.

you had conflicted thoughts throughout the rest of the weekend that made you feel sick to your stomach.

he's a coward for making akaashi talk for him.

he's the worst for not even caring.

and then another set of thoughts.

it's not his fault.

I'm the one that keeps crossing the line.

is he okay?

the last thought plagued you every moment you spent not crossing paths with him though truth be told, you were avoiding him.

"find yourselves into groups of five. I'm hoping to get all the assignments by the end of class. Ms. l/n are you here with us?"

what?

Monday came in the blink of an eye as well. you'd somehow found yourself no longer under the comfort of the television lights, but now in your first period of class.

though you weren't exactly sure when or how you got there, you were sure you didn't get a wink of sleep.

the only thing you knew is that the teacher was standing by your desk with somewhat of a disapproving expression since he had caught you zoning out.

"oh yes! I'm sorry sir. I'm listening..." you lied and offered a nervous smile as you met his stern grey eyes.

he issued other instructions to the class than before you could join a group he spoke softly "you're not yourself today. did you rest or would you like to go to the nurse?"

at the caring words of your sensei, your smile faltered and you flinched slightly.

'you can tell?' the thought came to you as your eyes flickered between his and for the slightest moment, the remainder of the pain and the need to talk to someone almost made you confess that you weren't doing well at all.

you'd spent so much time around the ace that you forgot to make friends from your classes and other classes. now with such a burden of thoughts and no one to share it with, you had to remind yourself that your teacher was not the person to talk it over with.