thirty five

۵ a blast from the past ۵

Josie's pov

Today was a family friend's birthday party. It was going to be out in their ranch tonight. Lizzie was gonna come with me so I didn't have to go alone. She was at my place as we discussed her outfit for the night. "Woah you guys are going to party?" Chris said walking into our conversation.

"Hey" I said as Chris and seb came in. "So party" Chris said nudging his shoulder at me. "Right do you guys wanna come?" I asked them. "Duh" they both said in sync. "It's at a ranch" Lizzie added and they still said okay.

I wore boot cut jeans with a cute white top. I wore my boots and my north face jacket. Lizzie wore a dress and my boots. "So whose birthday is it?" Seb said as he hugged me from behind. "Cousin" I said with a smile. "Oh you can meet my sister" I said looking at him.

My sister lives up in Sacramento so I barely see her. Once we were all good, we left. I drove to the ranch and there was already many people there. We ate some tacos and enjoyed the Banda. Everyone met my sister and then I went to dance since no one wanted to.

That's when out the corner of my eye I saw my father. I told my sister and she just told me to dance, so I did. Once the song ended, I went back to seb and Lizzie. I poured myself a shot and took it. "You good?" Chris asked me as I put the shot glass back down and filled it.

I nodded my head yes and stood next to them. My sister had a couple of drinks and I went with her to the bathroom. They stayed by the table while I took her. "Stay here I'm gonna ore then we can go back" I said as she came out the bathroom. I went in and peed then came out. She was sitting on the floor on the phone. "Come get up" I said grabbing her hand.

"Are you guys good?" My Tia said as she walked over. I said yeah and she helped me get her up. Our family friend gave me her cup while she used the bathroom. My aunt and my sister were talking. My sister was drunk and they brought up our dad. "You know girls I'm with you guys" my Tia said as she held onto my sisters arm.

"I- I need a minute" I said as I step to the side of the barn. All these emotions from the past were coming up. My sister and Tia came up to me. My eyes filled with tears. "Look girls I'm not with what your dad did to you girls okay" she said as I slowly crouched. I was crying uncontrollably. All these feeling came rushing in. My Tia was telling us how she told our dad off last night for what he did.

"Thank you Tia because I feel like we needed to hear that" my sister said and then our family friend came out and saw us. She knew what had been going on in our family too. I just sat there crying. It felt like I was seventeen again. Then my sister's friend came over looking for us. Her friends knew exactly what was going on and started comforting her and crying with us. I stood up to catch my breath.

It feels like I can't breathe. "I know I'm not the best Tia or Nina but" my Tia said as she stood up in front of me grabbing onto my shoulders. "No you are the best Tia and Nina" I said and saw Lizzie with Chris and seb walk over. She brushed my hair out the way. "It's just I see him and I think of that night how he threw his beer at me, how he choked me Tia" I said as I pointed over there to the other side of the porty potty.

"Did he say anything to you mija" she asked me trying to calm me down but I was crying and breathing heavily. I shook my head no and said "but he just looks at me and I feel unsafe Nina, I hate seeing him because I think of that night the night where I felt at my lowest, I just want a therapist" I said crying as I hugged her. "You want me to get you a therapist because I'll get you one mija" she said as we hugged.

I don't know why I said it, I saw a therapist the minute I left home and moved to LA. Haven't seen one in a bit because I've gotten better. It was just natural habit, that's how I feel about him. My dad makes me want a therapist so bad for all he's out me through. "Now I want you to go have fun okay, go with your friends out a smile and dance okay" my aunt said looking at me and I nodded my head yes.

As my Tia walked away, I stayed and just breathed. I counted down from 100 to help me calm down. Once I finished counting, I walked up to seb and Chris who were there waiting for me. I hugged all three of them and she'd tears. "You okay jo?" Chris asked me and I nodded my head yeah.

I wiped my tears off and walked back out with them. We just stood there quietly and after cake, we decided to leave. While we were in the car, it was a silent ride so I asked "do you guys wanna stay the night" and they all said yes. So we went back to my place and I vented out my feeling from that party. It felt good to have them listen and comfort me.

end of chapter.