Chapter 12

♦♦♦

♦♦♦

It was night out, the moonlight shining up in the sky. Filch was carrying a lantern as he leads the group including Malfoy across the dark grounds. "A pity they let the old punishments die. Was a time, detention would find you all hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons." Filch ranted as he made his way towards Hagrid's hut.

"Absolutely mental." Caleb murmured under his breath as Y/N nudged him signaling him to shut up.

"Hagrid's serving you all detention tonight." Filch told as the group nodded in response.

They made their way closer to Hagrid's hut, Hagrid's figure was seen sadly stringing a crossbow by the campfire while Fang sat on his right. Filch approached Hagrid with an apologetic look. "A sorry lot this, Hagrid. I pity you." Filch spoke.

He squinted his eyes as he watched Hagrid's eyes starting to water up, a tear fell down. "Good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?" Filch scoffed. Hagrid looked over to the group of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors, then back down to the crossbow in front of him, "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore's sent him off ter Romania ter live in a colony." he sniffled as another tear fell down his face.

The group of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors glanced at each other with guilty and apologetic look. Then, Hermione stepped forward, "Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." she comforted.

"Yeah but what if he don't like Romania? What if other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby after all." Hagrid countered back, Filch quirked up his eyebrows and rolled his eyes as he watched Hagrid's devastated state.

"Oh for god's sake pull yourself together mate. You're going into the Forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." he scoffed. Malfoy frowned, turning his head to Filch as he complained, "The Forest? But I thought that was a joke. We can't go in the Forest. Students aren't allowed. And there's....." he gulped and continued, "werewolves." he murmured.

Filch scoffed and looked towards the Forest, "Oh there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." he told. The group began to feel a little nervous as their palms started to form a thin layer of sweat. "Nighty night." Filch mumbled as he walked pass the group back into Hogwarts.

"Alright then, let's go." Hagrid spoke as he grabbed his crossbow and tilted signaling the group to follow him. The group gulped nervously before slowly trailing behind Hagrid as he leads them into the Dark Forest.

♦♦♦

Hagrid walked down a skinny path through the dark trees, the group trailed behind him. As they approached a small dead tree, Hagrid kneels down and outs his fingers into a silver, gooey puddle. The group stood there and watched.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Y/N asked, Hagrid stood up, while rubbing his fingers that are covered in the silver substance together, "The reason we're here." He mumbled in a low raspy voice.