Chapter 10

♦♦♦

♦♦♦

The group were now trailing behind Hagrid as he makes his way to his Hut, exiting Hogwarts. Hagrid held an irritated expression.

"Rubbish! Why would, Snape put a curse on Y/N's broom?" Hagrid retorted, continuing to walk forward. "Who knows?" Harry replied, "Well, why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween night?" Y/N asked her voice coming off a little stern.

Hagrid abruptly stops and turned towards the group, "How do you know about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked, the groups face instantly turned into a frown. "Fluffy?" Caleb repeated. " That thing has a name?" Hermione grunted.

Hagrid glanced at the group, "'course he's got a name. He's mine. Bought him off an Irish bloke I met in the Pub las' year. Lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." he trailed off and quickly shutting up as he realized what he was about to say.

"guard the?" Y/N repeated giving him a pleading look, hoping he would spill it out. He scoffed and turned around, continue to walk towards his hut as the group followed. "Don' be asking me anymore. That's top secret, that is" he demanded.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal  it." she told trying to convince Hagrid, but he only let out a chuckle. "Caswallop! Snape's a Hogwarts Teacher."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a jinx when I see one Hagrid. I've read all about them, you've got to-"

"keep constant eye contact." Y/N interjected. Hermione shot the Ravenclaw a glare, "I was going to say that." she growled, "Well your welcome I've said it for you" Y/N countered, the bushy-haired girl scoffed about to spat something before she felt a tug on her arm. "Now isn't the time to argue." Aidan whispered, glaring at the two girls before Hermione shook off Aidans hand. Turning their gaze to back Hagrid as he stood their, back facing them, slowly turned around.

"Now listen to me, all of yer are meddlin' in things that shouldn't be meddled with. It's dangerous. What that dog's guardin' is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel-" Hagrid instantly shuts up and began to grow furious of himself, he turns around and started to mumble to himself as he walks towards his hut as an enormous black hoarhound greets him.

"Nicholas Flamel.." Harry mumbled to himself. "Sounds familiar" he continued.

♦♦♦

The group made their way back into Hogwarts walking through the corridor.

"Do you think we might've pushed Hagrid too far?" Lizzy questioned looking over to the group.

"Maybe, but thats not the point. He doesn't believe us so we have to prove something before Snape gets ahold of whatever Fluffy is guarding." Y/N replied, the group hummed in agreement, except the bushy-haired girl who let out a scoff.