Chapter 5

♦♦♦

♦♦♦

The new Ravenclaws started making their way through the Grand Staircase following the lead of the Ravenclaws prefect, Penelope Clearwater. Y/N was in front of the crowd, there were portraits hanging in the walls, she felt awestruck as she saw the people in them moving.

She looked around the place in awe, looking everywhere but in front of her. Suddenly, she bumped into the Ravenclaw prefect standing in front of her, her face turned light pink in embarrassment, keeping her head down as Penelope turns around.

She looked up and took a glimpse and instantly her jaw dropped, the stairs in front of her were moving, Penelope let out a chuckle from her reaction. "This is the Grand Staircase, better keep your eyes forward, the stairs change quite often ,especially on Fridays, don't wanna fall all the way down do you?" Penelope stated, giving Y/N a wink. Her cheeks began to turn light pink as she stared at the stairs in front of her, not wanting to meet the prefect's gaze as she felt too embarrassed.

Aidan and Caleb started snickering behind her, she turned back and gave them a glare. The boys put their hands up defensively and shrugged in response.

After a while, the stairs moved back towards them, the new Ravenclaws now making their way to the Ravenclaw tower on the west side of the castle.

♦♦♦

The crowd made their way up the Ravenclaw tower, spiraling up until they reached the top. They all made a stop in front of plain wood door, it had a eagle knocker in the middle of it. Penelope held the hoop of the eagle knocker and knocked it against the door.

"What gets wetter the more it dries?" A voice asked. "A towel." Penelope answered, the door unlocks itself as Penelope pushed the door open, revealing the circular room.It was filled with blue hangings and armchairs, it has a domed ceiling painted with stars and features a replica statue of Rowena wearing her diadem, behind the statue was a mini library.

"Welcome to the Ravenclaw Common Room! Girl's dormitories to the right and Boy's to the left. You'll find your belongings already been brought up, any questions?" Penelope asked turning her head around to face the new Ravenclaws, no one responds.

"Then, goodnight all! Oh, and don't forget. Before retiring, please place all living potion ingredients in your cupboards. This includes slugs, fire besties and cutworms. Sweet Dreams, everybody!" Penelope reminded, the first years began to make their way up the stairs to their dormitories.

Y/N excitedly made her way to the right and went up the staircase and through the hallway, Lizzy following behind. She looked through the doors and finally came to a stop, the door had her name on it as well as Lizzy's, Y/N's face immediately lit up at the realization.