19. Breath of Life

Start from the beginning

She took a deep breath, "Then, I run up the stairs and she grabs my ankles, pulling me down. I'm 100% positive that there was blood on the stairs because of that. Kali pushes me to the floor and is about ready to kill me but one I open my eyes, I'm still on the floor but she vanished. No wound, no blood, no broken vase, no nothing."

"That's when she called me." Lydia interjected.

Deaton nodded, as if he understood, "I might have a diagnoses."

"Lay it on me, Doc." Shay mumbled.

"You remember when I said that people who have the seven wonders but use them for evil have seven sins." Deaton asked, leaning against one of the counters.

I nodded, "Yes."

"I may just be that your abilities playing tricks on you, testing your limit." He continued, "Descensum, ability to project one's mind. The power of descensum isn't just connecting yourself to people. It's also the ability to connect yourself to different emotions. Happy, sad, anger-"

"Fear." Lydia mumbled.

"Exactly. Without even knowing, you connected yourself to your emotions and it played out in your mind." Deaton sadly explained.

"One of my fears was that the alphas would come back." Shay mumbled, fumbling with her piety fingers in her lap, "Didn't necessary worry that I would be killed but that someone else would be."

Deaton sighed, "Sometimes intense anxiety can make you feel like we're going crazy, losing touch with reality. Mixing in the anxiety that you've recently been having and your newly found descensum, hell anything could happen."

Shay sucked in deep breath, "How do I control this then? Or at least stop it."

"Learn to control your emotions, especially your concern for others." Deaton stated, "If your fear and worry consume you, and if you don't learn to suppress your abilities, the hallucinations will never stop."

"I would really appreciate if you didn't say anything to the others." Shay softly pleaded as Lydia parked her car in front of Shay's house. After Deaton and Shay's conversation on the incident, he closed up the clinic and asked Shay to get some rest, sending the two teenage girls on their way.

"I don't understand why you don't want the others to know." Lydia augured back as the both of them stepped out of the car and walked to the porch.

"Because Lydia." Shay said with frustration, "I don't want them to worry. So please don't tell them."

The two girls walked into Shay's house and closed the door behind. Lydia let out a huff before crossing her arms ar Shay, "Fine, I want say anything."

"Thank you." She smiled, "I'm gonna go and try to pick up my room a bit, make yourself at home."

With a nod of a head, Shay walked towards the stairs and only got to one step when the sound of a car parking was heard. Shay hastily looked out of the window and saw a familiar blue jeep pulling up in the driveway.

Her eyes widened as she realized Lydia didn't keep her trap shut, "You called him."

Guiltiness was plastered on her face but she didn't have time to response because Shay had raced up the stairs. Quickly as she could she bag to pick everything up, feeling like her and Stiles were about to have a fight. Once she heard the front door slamming shut, Shay listened in closely on the voices of Lydia and Stiles:

"You should have called me the minute you found out something happened to her!"

"I'm suppose to call you when ever Shay is in trouble?"