"Are you going to visit him if you really miss him?" Juliana wondered.

"No, he needs to focus on work. Besides, missing him confirms my feelings for him."

"Eww, you love him." Bambina giggled as she sipped her Bellini.

"Yeah, I do."

We stayed on the couch the entire night. Juliana had a marathon of romantic comedies lined up for us to watch. Bambina warmed up my mother's leftovers for us to eat. 4 movies and 3 servings of risotto later, I said goodbye to my girls and walked upstairs towards my empty bedroom.

------

Sleeping without Dominic seemed impossible. We were synced beautifully when we slept. His body heat kept it warm enough for me to sleep with the covers slightly off my body. His soft breaths were calming to me, like ocean waves crashing on the beach. We kept our space, but throughout the night, our bodies always found each other and entangle ourselves together until the sunrise. 

I woke up cold and shivering from lack of heat, irritated from lack of sleep, and extremely alone. It was 5 am, and all I wanted to do was sleep in, but my body refused. A ding chimed from my phone. Dominic's name appeared on my screen with a sweet message.

I can't sleep without you.

I smiled at my screen. I'm happy to know he arrived safely in Genoa and he's thinking of me. I'm also delighted to know he couldn't sleep without me. Dominic is a heavily masculine man, so to know he needs me to sleep well is heartwarming. 

I can't sleep without you either. I miss you.

I sent the text and placed my phone back on the nightstand. I'm more eager to start my day knowing I've had some communication with Dominic.

A few hours later, I was out the door and headed back to my job. When I arrived, a different reality started to settle in; a reality I never wanted to consider. Without Dominic here, life was dull. Before, I had amazing days at the office. We would laugh and talk, business was always steady, and the feeling of independence was almost overwhelming at times, but it felt amazing to be free. Now, being only two hours into my nine-hour shift, I was bored and sad. My colleagues would say hi, and my energy could barely gather a smile to shoot back at them. The days that were once so sunny and filled with surprise and curiosity were now dull and slow. Simple tasks of scheduling and organizing that satisfied me were now endless useless tasks.

My love for Dominic might be grand but not grand enough to consider my once amazing free life as a long-lasting prison sentence! I needed to remain focused. If I think life is no fun without Dominic, we will be right back to our old toxic ways.

It was midday when Mr.Gabbana called me into his office. He was busy from the moment he entered the office. Everyone morning, he would stop by my desk to say hello and chitchat about our evenings and weekend plans before we start our workday. Today, he zoomed past me and ran straight into his office. He's been on a work phone conference since he got here.

I entered his office right after he paged me down. He was no longer on the phone but typing furiously on his keyboard. He barely bothered to look at me until he was done with whatever he was working on.