24 - Jump

'And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
Catching my death
And I couldn't be sure
I had a feeling so peculiar
That this pain would be for
Evermore'

Song: Evermore by Taylor Swift

Jump.
Harry's POV.

"I lost myself a long time ago and I don't know how to get it back, and it's killing me

"I lost myself a long time ago and I don't know how to get it back, and it's killing me."

I honestly didn't expect this.

I thought I'd come up here, sit with her for a little bit and maybe she'd yell at me more about how I need to mind my own business. But I did not expect to be sitting on the edge of this building with her, and hearing her admit something to me so vulnerable.

I don't even think she had ever said it out loud to herself, it seemed like the first time she said those words.

Slowly taking off the sweater I grabbed while rushing out of her place to follow her up here, I managed to sit it on her shoulders and tame some of her shivering.

Part of me knew she was hurt, and I'm honestly thinking that this might be some sort of PTSD thing because of what she told me before we came back here, but something in my gut tells me it's something more than that.

I guess me calling her out on her shit triggered something inside her, and right now I can't tell if that's good or bad.

I haven't said a single word yet, honestly unsure if my voice might upset her or not.

My stomach drops every time she sniffles or wipes some tears away from her face, and it's just so odd to see her like this.

I'm so used to seeing the hard exterior Callen, the one who's honest to god had me by the balls since the day we met. The one who constantly threatens to kill me if I fuck something up. The one who can't help but laugh at me every time I put on a pair of skinny jeans. The one who got excited when I gave her a set of fucking knives, which she then used to cut a mans fingers off one by one.

This isn't her, which is making this so hard for me to figure out what she wants.

"I'm sorry for yelling." I say quietly, trying to find some way to make her swear at me so I know she's okay.

She manages to let out a shaky laugh, sniffling again but shaking her head. She doesn't look at me, instead keeps her eyes straight ahead on the skyline. "You're seriously trying to apologize to me right now?"

I go to speak but she holds a finger up, telling me no. "Please, don't."

I move over a little until our thighs are touching, hoping that the feeling of someone beside her offers somewhat of a calming touch.