comfort cuddle.

seventeen — comfort cuddle

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"shouto and kacchan broke the internet."

midoriya clicked his tongue as he dropped beside y/n on the couch, changing apps, swiping and scrolling. "that was kinda fast... and it's all anyone's tweeting and posting about. they already have multiple ship edits and fan accounts dedicated to them... their ship name is todobaku. wow."

"they went public?" y/n turned to her side, snatching her phone. she paused when she saw she had text messages from jirou. she sighed, swiped them away and clicked onto twitter instead.

sure enough the hashtag todobaku was trending. apparently, they'd gone public just last night with instagram stories; todoroki's showed his hand entwined with someone else's captioned: they fit perfectly. it caused questioning and chaos over all platforms for about thirty minutes until bakugou posted a story which showed todoroki taking a picture of their hands, captioned: he's so fucking cheesy.

his next story was a picture of them in bed, todoroki's head against his shoulder.

y/n smiled. he committed.

"that's cute." she mumbled, turning off her device then nodded toward midoriya, "so... when are you and kaminari gonna announce it to the world?" it was a half joked but midoriya groaned, rolling his eyes.

"well, we were gonna do it soon- but now we can't," he said, waving his phone around. "with shou and kacchan being a thing, we'll have to wait another two weeks! they're both big and well known and famous- denki's famous, i'm not. we'll get swept under the rug if we go public now."

y/n snorted, "i didn't think it'd really matter to you,"

"i wanna break the internet, too!" midoriya whined, throwing his head back, lowering his device. he turned back to his friend, raising a brow before carefully asking, "and... you and jirou?"

"there's nothing to go public about," y/n said, playing with her phone case. "and she already shut down the rumors with the tweet."

midoriya shifted his position, running his fingers through his curls, "okay- explain for me again, because i'm still not getting why or how any of this happened?"

"okay." y/n got comfortable and took a deep breath. "so. i typed out the statement, jirou told me it felt weird calling us 'just friends.' cause... i don't know? she didn't really explain- but she kissed me, obviously. and last night, we all saw the tweet the statement i wrote out of nowhere. when i texted her about it, she said... for public image reasons. and now she's texting me about meetings to start designing the new visuals for their upcoming album."

"she just said public image reasons?"

y/n sighed and pulled out her phone to go to the conversation and held it out to midoriya, "here."

y/n
[ image ]
??? lololol

y/n
uhh asfgdjl;skdl; just
friends seems kinda
weird, no? lmaojdsk

kyouka<3
ahhh pr manager said
it would be better to
tweet it));

y/n
ohh...?
haha wait why?

kyouka<3
something to do with
my image and stuff ahh
i have to go!! recording!

kyouka<3
aizawa wanted me to text
you in case you didn't get
the email... meeting tmr
at four! dont be late!

kyouka<3
key visuals are being made
for promotional purposes...
you'll have to sign that contract
some time this week btw!

kyouka<3
anyways, it'll be nice to
see you again!

"ohh," midoriya said quietly, drawing back. "that's... really weird, actually. what does she mean by public image? i mean, everyone was practically freaking out over the possibility she might've been dating someone without even knowing who it was?"

"yeah, i don't know... do i even have a reason or the right to be upset? i feel kind of weird for feeling the way i do about everything, it's just that... i don't know, she kind of got my hopes up, then shut them down. but then again, she never told me she wanted a relationship... she just said she wanted to kiss me. and it also feels weird being upset at my favorite artist and lifetime idol. i don't like it."

"maybe you should talk about it in person," midoriya said with a shrug. "and- you have every reason and right to be upset. she's a celebrity, not a godly being," y/n begged to differ. "if this was someone else- not a celebrity, and she kissed you, then said, 'you're a good friend.' you'd be upset, wouldn't you? this isn't any different."

"yeah..." y/n sighed, slumping further back onto the cushion of the couch. "maybe i will talk to her... i just want to be clear on what's going on between us, you know? does she like me or not? are we planning to do something about... us? it'd be better to know so i'm not confused later on, you know?

"definitely," midoriya threw himself onto y/n, wrapping his arms around her and pressing kisses to her neck, "i! love! you! so! much! you're a bad bitch no matter what happens, and i'm here for you, okay?"

y/n laughed, swatting him away, "okay izu, i get it," he kept his arms around her waist, "zukuuu!"

"what did i just walk in on?" todoroki stepped into the house, locking the door behind him and raising a brow. "oh wait... i think this is.. a comfort cuddle." he tossed his things aside, shrugging off his jacket. "i saw jirou's tweet, talk to me." he then proceeded to throw himself onto y/n with midoriya.

y/n rolled her eyes, "i hate both of you!"