pickup lines.

four — pickup lines

four — pickup lines.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"what the fuck is my life."

"is that a question or a statement?" midoriya smiled, taking a seat at the small table in the corner of the cafe and pushing over the beverage y/n ordered. "you look stressed. why?"

"how did i gain 11,000 followers in four days for getting noticed by jirou at my first concert?" y/n whined quietly, leaning the side of her face in her palm. "doesn't it feel like i'm kind of exploiting the situation a bit? i mean..."

"y/n. you posted a video of what happened at your first concert," midoriya shook his head with a soft smile. "that isn't exploitation. platforms are for sharing experiences. and it's not like you made a big deal out of it. viewers and the media did. then, jirou replied."

y/n shrugged, "i'm kind of over it now... i mean, nothing from jirou since the night i replied, so she's clearly moved on from the situation. too bad i'm not someone famous, you know? we could've built a friendship if we were in the same social status."

midoriya laughed, "you got more than what most people experience, y/n. i would still be sobbing right now if that ever happened to be, to be honest."

"hasn't it already kind of happened to you, though? i mean, you and bakugou used to be best friends. you were literally friends with-"

"no, it isn't the same." midoriya said with a quiet sigh. "we ended on bad terms- the friendship practically ended the summer after first grade. it's cool what he's doing now, though. but i'm not bouncing on the balls of my feet to see him again, you know? he probably doesn't even remember me? it was such a long time ago."

y/n smiled before looking over at her phone that buzzed; a notification from the 'screamin in japan' twitter page. it was an update status on tour- which was finished, and it looked like they just landed back in japan, where they'd be staying in for a break.

they were probably going to start making more music and release another album some time later in the year. y/n smiled at the thought and picked up her phone, heading to jirou's instagram page. she always kept her fans updated on what she was doing.

clicking through the stories of the morning, the flight, a fight between bakugou and kaminari, y/n reached her most recent; 2 minutes ago. she was smiling at the camera, kaminari to her left and momo to her right, words on the screen read 'finally get to rest <3'

"i hope we can go to their next concert," y/n said, placing her phone down with a yawn. "i love them so much- imagine having these people as friends. i mean, who do you think they're friends with? like, regular people?"

midoriya shrugged, standing from the table, y/n following suit. he said, "every famous person is friends with someone who isn't famous. it's the balance they need, you know? they're probably wild, though. i'll be right back, bathroom." he held out his hand.

y/n handed her empty cup to midoriya, who tossed it in the trash as he made his way to the back room. y/n took her spot in a corner, looking down at her phone to ignore everyonee around her.

"i know, but isn't that kind of weird?" she heard, pursing her lips and trying not to eavesdrop.

"no, i would cry. it'd be more amazing and surreal than weird."

"of course you'd cry, dude!" another voice cackled. y/n's skin tingled. why did that... "still remember that one time you listened to blood poison,"

"hey, man it was emotional, and as a man— crying is a good, healthy way to express those emotions!"

y/n looked up at hearing the familiar voice, stilling as a shiver course through her body when she was confirmed right; that was kaminari's voice. kaminari was sitting right there, momo was there was well with a kind smile, and there was also a guy with red hair y/n knew as kirshima. she'd seen him a few times, mostly on bakugou's platforms. but jirou was there, too.

jirou.

she held her phone in her hand, playing with it as she leaned back where she sat. she was right fucking there. what the hell were famous people doing at a coffee shop? sure they weren't radio mainstream- but everyone knew of their music. maybe that was the problem. people knew of their music and not them. god, they were just right there- right there.

"y/n, ready?" midoriya was suddenly by her side, frowning when she didn't answer. he followed her gaze before his eyes widened, "holy shit... they're- that's... oh my god you have to-"

"no! i don't wanna... wanna seem like... like just a fan, you know? we get our autographs, say our words of love, and then leave? no, we... we have to-"

"i've got this," midoriya's tone was nonchalant as he placed a hand on y/n's back. the girl opened her mouth and turned toward her friend to ask what he was doing- but never found the chance before midoriya pushed y/n forward with enough force so she fell  to her knees.

in a quick moment of panic, she reached for the closest thing to her, which happened to be the table jirou and her friends were sitting at. she ended up tilting the table over as she fell, the coffee on the table falling to the floor with her with a loud crash.

y/n blinked a few times, mouth agap as she slowly lifted her head, shaking. jirou blinked a few times, along with the rest of her group, no one really knowing what to say in such a situation. y/n swallowed, and licked her lips.

"i'm sorry," she said quietly, meeting jirou's eyes. "but, i think i just fell for you?"

 "but, i think i just fell for you?"