Chapter 35: Winter Warfare

Start from the beginning

Tooru then asked, "Why not ask another teacher to look after her?"

Another page was flipped as Shota explained, "All Might is engrossed in some sort of research at the moment, so I don't want to bother. Present Mic and Midnight are a bad influence on her if left alone. Together they would be a disaster. Eri-san is afraid of dogs, so asking Vlad King is out of the question. Finally, I only want people she knows well enough watching over her, so anyone else in the faculty not mentioned isn't an option."

Izuku then asked, "So why not any of us that were in the internship?"

"I figured it would be a bit much for kids your age, but considering you two would be together and now have the incentive to do it, this could work."

Hagakure then stated, "We could even ask the others if they could cover one day, and us a different one."

"I'm sure Uraraka-chan and Tsuyu-chan would love that," Midoriya said with glee.

Aizawa then asked, "About the Christmas outing, though. Will this be inferring with you two attending the party planned in the evening?"

"No, sir, we'll be back for that," Midoriya responded.

"Good, Eri-san would be upset if you weren't there," Eraserhead said as he spun back in his chair. "I'll talk with you two tomorrow about the details for watching over Eri-san."

Both students thanked their homeroom teacher before exiting the office.

"See? No problem at all," Tooru stated with confidence.

"I've never been a babysitter, though."

"Then be glad you have me, considering I've helped my mom with her work. Besides, it's just a few hours, easy stuff."

"Hopefully," Izuku said before sighing. As the two reached the bottom of the stairs, he checked his phone.

"Anything new?"

"No, and it's driving me nuts."

The electric wielding villain had struck again last night. Midoriya was hoping for an update in the news, but there hadn't been a peep. All that was known was there was a fire involved and another perp being arrested. The odd thing was that for the first time he could remember, this was at night.

"Why does this guy bother you so much?"

Izuku had only told Tooru about it that morning. She noticed her boyfriend being glued to his phone, so he spilled the beans.

"His MO is just so odd, and it's weird all information on him is never expanded upon. Like the press don't care to follow up on it."

"Whatever detective that's been assigned to him must be lazy or incompetent," Hagakure said before giving a light laugh.

"Or a pro hero." Not all heroes dabbled in investigative work. Sometimes that was left entirely to the police. Perhaps the districts he kept cropping up in had these types of heroes. Then again, it's not like this villain stayed in one area, Midoriya thought. All reports were coming from all over the Tokyo Metropolis.

"Either way, I still find it weird this is bugging you so much compared to everything that happened in Deika City," Tooru said while shrugging.

There was that too. Other than updates on the victims and reconstruction, there wasn't much more to report about that day. Izuku almost wanted to meet with All Might in private to talk about it. However, as Eraserhead stated earlier, the former pro hero was quite busy researching the previous users for One for All. The boy didn't want to interrupt that at all with his worries. Midoriya then scratched the back of his head as he stated, "I guess cause it just happened is all." He thought hard for a few moments and sighed before saying, "I think I'll drop looking into both further, for now, it's giving me enough stress as is." Christmas was a much more present obstacle, he figured.