Chapter 10 (Loki)

The following morning I woke and felt my arms wrapped around my Kitten, holding her close. She was snoring softly with her head tucked into my chest. It felt right, it felt...good to have her there when I woke up. This was how I wanted to spend each and every night from now on.

I felt something though, something I was used to but not from this household. Fear. It wasn't hard to explain the feeling, but the why of it was unknown to me.

Slowly I untangled myself from Abby and climbed out of bed. It was a smaller bed, only a twin, but enough for us for last night. I had to remember to make her a new, bigger and better bed for tonight. Walking down the stairs I heard Tony in the armory, I heard Steve, and I heard another voice. One I did not recognize.

As I walked into the room, cloaked so they would not see me, I heard what they were talking about.

"There's no way he can bring it back. If he did there would be too many people who would use it for the wrong reasons." Tony said.

"Hear me out, what if we made sure only specific people had access to it?" Steve asked. "Like we take a vote and only we Avengers can use it if we have a unanimous vote?"

"And what would we even use it for? Look, I don't like being the voice of reason here, but what is the point of having that and using it, and then inviting more enemies onto our world?"

He was right. We all hated him being the voice of reason, and it made sense, which was the scary part.

"Look, if we don't get that fucking motherbox back then we can't get back to our universe. Got it jackass?" the new voice said.

"What Harles is saying is..." this is a second new voice I wasn't used to.

"I'm pretty fucking sure they can understand what I said. And if not I'm pretty fucking sure I can beat some sense into them."

The girl was actually starting to piss me off. She was dressed so scantily that I could practically see everything, and Abigail this girl was not.

"Look even if Loki wanted to bring it back, I don't think even he can find it." Tony said.

"Well then he better located the damned thing quick."

"Excuse me but since I am the one who hid the object, and the conversation is about me, I feel I'm entitled to a vote here." I said decloaking and looking at them all. "Doesn't that sound fair to you Steve?"

"He's got a point Tony." Steve said after a moment of deliberation with himself.

"Oh he does? Well then let's just tow the line with the resident sociopath who tries to overthrow his home and kill his brother on a daily basis! Yeah Rogers that sounds like a great idea."

"It works for your daughter."

The rage that filled his face was not only visible but palpable as well. I knew that he wanted to kill me and in that second if he had the power to he would have.

"You leave my daughter out of this."

"Oh so now you want to play at being a father and caring about her wellbeing and being there for her when she needs you." the venom in my voice was intense. It had taken Tony so long to choose to want to be in his daughter's life and care about her that it pissed me off. Now all of a sudden he wanted to be a father, but it wasn't good enough before when she wasn't able to fully control a god or had a god for a boyfriend.

Tony glared at me and did the only thing he could probably think of. He raised his middle finger and flipped me off before he walked away.

I looked at Steve and then at the other two in the room, the girls. One girl was covered in ivy, like she was wearing it as leggings but had a black blazer on, even her hands and face were green. She had long red hair and looked like she was bored.