sixty-two || a couple of shots deep

Start from the beginning

   Yeah, okay, I'll admit it. I never would have killed her. No matter how pissed she made me.

   Why are you trying to get me to admit that I like her? I already did that. 

   Will it shut you up for a little bit?

   Then fine, yes. I like Finley. I like the fuck out of her. 

   After the little banter, Leonardo pushed the door open and held it for us, really testing my patience when he teasingly poked me in the side and laughed like a little kid afterward.

   We all huddled around a large table, talking loudly to hear each other over the noise.

   There seemed to be a lot of commotion near the back of the room, and I craned my neck to see what all of the noise was about. It seemed to be a bachelor party or something. I just prayed that the alcohol that was about to be consumed wouldn't cause any of the people in our group to make a mess of it, the last thing we needed right now was to call unwanted attention to ourselves.

   The waitress came by, a very pretty girl I might add, and as she approached the table, I already took notice of the way Alex's attention was completely focused on her. 

   He was a good guy, and at first, I'll admit, I thought that there was something going on between him and Finley. But I soon realized that their relationship was strictly platonic and that he cared for her in more of a brotherly way. I respected that, as I knew he had some younger sisters, and I knew how it felt to want to protect your sister.

   The thought crossed my mind before I could stop it, and before I could stop my reaction, I looked down to find my fingers rubbing across the broken chain tattoo on my wrist.

   "Hi, my name is Bree, and I'll be your server for the evening," she spoke, and even though it was just a simple introduction, you would have thought that she just recited the greatest poem of all time from the way that Alex was looking at her.

      "Hi, I'll have a Bree-" Alex began, clamping his hand over his mouth.

   Bree blushed and covered her mouth to stop her laughter, while the rest of us mentally facepalmed ourselves.

   "I didn't mean to ask for you...not that you wouldn't be amazing, it's just that, what I meant to say was-" Alex blabbered out nervously, and I had to try not to laugh myself as Tommy made a slicing motion across his neck, signaling for Alex to cut it out before he dug himself into a deeper hole than he was already in.

   Bree didn't seem to mind though, cutting off Alex's endless rambling in a rather sweet way.

   "I recommend the sliders to start, and for drinks, my favorite is the Rico Margarita," she replied, and Alex paused and sighed in relief.

   "I'll have that then, please," Alex smiled up at her, his face still flustered from the absolute nose dive he just took.

   Tommy smiled up at her and roughly patted Alex on the back, covering his mouth and coughing out a discreet "idiot" to which Alex responded with a frown.