six || (little) red solo cup

the song for this chapter is "GUESS WHAT," by Russ and Rick Ross :)

***********

Guess what? They be takin' photos when I move
Guess what? I still got control, though, how 'bout you?
Guess what? I just put my logo in my pool
Guess what?

***********

Finley

I chose not to discuss my encounter with the notorious Full Throttle with Lars and Willa as we followed behind Alex's car to the party. If I had chosen to do so, they would have spent the rest of the drive convincing me why I should hook up with him.

I wasn't blind, I knew that he was probably one of the sexiest men alive, but it didn't change the fact that he was a dick and extremely full of himself from what I could tell.

Instead, I let Willa talk my ear off about the driver of the Porsche, whose name I now knew was Grant Kiper. Lars was more reserved in his little racetrack crush, but I had a feeling that it was the driver of the Ferrari Lusso.

"So, are you gonna hook up with Alex tonight?" Willa asked suddenly. I nearly swerved off the side of the road at her question, and I scoffed incredulously at her.

"Why would you think I was going to hook up with him?" I laughed.

"Um...I don't know, maybe because he's hot? Nice? Charming? A package deal?" She listed off as if my decision should be the most obvious thing in the world.

"He's also technically a coworker now," I added in subtly, smirking when Willa smacked my arm in shock.

"Shut up! You're gonna continue working with them? What about your job at the bookstore?" She questioned.

"Yeah, they asked me to after the race tonight. And for now, I'm going to continue working there, I'm just going to have to make sure my shifts can work around the races," I explained.

"Finn, this is amazing! I'm really proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone like this," Willa smiled, rubbing my arm in the same place that she had excitedly smacked it.

"Me too, Finnigan, I'm really proud," Lars agreed.

I chuckled and glanced back at them quickly, before placing my eyes back on the road again.

"I love you both, thank you. Thanks for...well, thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone," I laughed.

"Always, Finn," Lars assured me, reaching up to clap a hand on my shoulder.

Alex's car in front of me began to slow to a stop, and I could practically feel the bass coming from the house he had parked in front of.

"Wow. Now, this is a party," Lars chuckled in amazement at the large mid-century modern house we were in front of.

I turned off the car and joined Lars and Willa in their gawking at the beautiful house before us, and soon, heard Alex chuckling from a few feet away.

"It's a lot, I know, but...it's a good time," He assured me as he walked closer, nudging me with his elbow lightly.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's fucking go!" Lars cried out, grabbing Willa's hand and dragging her towards the front door.

Tommy joined Alex and me and shook their heads in laughter.

"They're a lot, I know, but...they're a good time," I joked, mimicking Alex's previous words, and gesturing towards my two rambunctious best friends waiting eagerly for us at the front door.