sixty-six || ticking time bomb

the song for this chapter is "Skyfall," by Adele :)

***********

Finley

   As soon as the sinister name left my lips, all of my suspicions were confirmed by his arrogant chuckle piercing my ears through the headset.

   "Wow! Talented, beautiful, and smart! Harry really knows how to pick them!" He responded in a patronizing tone. 

   I wrapped my fingers even tighter around the steering wheel at his words, pursing my lips together to the point I thought I might bite through them as I rounded the next turn, everyone else, driver and spectator alike, completely and entirely unaware of the chaos occurring within my vehicle. 

   "I assume you already know a lot about me, but you'll be surprised to know just how much I know about you as well," he spoke smugly, making my eyes go wide.

   My heart was beating out of control, and I felt every muscle in my body locking up as I drove.

   "I can see by your silence that you are stunned! Come on, you know you want me to enlighten you, don't you?" he hummed, and I did my best to block out his voice as I accelerated down the straightaway. I was in fourth place still, and quite honestly shocked that I hadn't lost a few places from all of the panic that I was currently feeling.

   "Alright, alright. Fine, I'll tell you," he laughed darkly, finding this sick and twisted game he had developed to be thoroughly entertaining.

   "I know that your full name is Finley Eloise James. I know that Eloise was your great grandmother's name, on your mom's side of course. I know that your mom and dad are extremely close to you, and vice versa. I know that you played volleyball, I know that you broke your arm falling from a tree in the third grade," he began, and my mouth suddenly lacked any and all form of moisture as he spoke. 

   Harry's car was coming up close behind me, and as we approached the next turn, I let out a deep breath of frustration and gunned it up to the apex of the turn, wishing more than anything that I could somehow let him know that something was wrong.

   I couldn't pull into the pits right now. It was too dangerous with the high speeds we were going, and on top of that, the pits were flooded with people. So, for right now, I had no choice but to continue driving.

   "Let's see...what else...oh! I know that your two best friends are here with you tonight, Lars and Willa. My, what great friends they are!" He continued in a fake and cheery tone.

   "Don't you dare talk about them-" I began to interject, but he cut me off.

   "Didn't your lovely parents ever tell you that it's rude to interrupt someone? My, my, Finley, I thought you'd know better than that," he scolded.

   "As I was saying," he sighed, "I also know that you suffer from anxiety and that because of that, you endure panic attacks. I bet you're having one right now, aren't you?" he hummed evilly. 

   "Oh, this is a fun one! I know that prior to our dear Harry, you were only in one other serious relationship. Although, judging by the restraining order that you filed, I'm going to take a lucky guess and say that it didn't end too well, hmm?" He questioned, and with those words, I had to take a hand off of the steering wheel one at a time in order to wipe the perspiration that was forming off on my thighs.