25. Bracelet

Lily's POV,

I am confused, frustration, curious and what not? This case is putting my friends in trouble. I must find out the culprit. What if someone is trying to trap my friends? How that policeman declared Clara as prime suspect? She can't harm anyone.

If Clara is the one behind Stephen's death, then why did George react weird? Do he know any truth?

"So the oscar award of best indian actress goes to Lily!" He shouted sarcastically, bringing me out of my terrance. I rolled my eyes at him as a reaction. "You know what? Even I thought you were really angry on me."

"I know. I saw guilt and fear eating you alive at that moment." I said. I left out a chuckle, remembering his reaction.

"I'm really sorry Snow. I should have listened to you." He said.

I took a sudden look at his figure which was zoned out. I shook him hardly in fear.

"Hello Mr., you're driving, don't get zoned out. I don't want to listen your next sorry in hell." I shouted. He glared at me in disappointment and concentrated on his driving. " By the way, you no need to be sorry. We get to know that Clara is the prime suspect, after we went there, right?"

" I couldn't figure out anything, Snowy. I thought George would know something about Stephen's case. Even his bracelet was same as the Murderer's one but here police suspects Clara?" He asked in disbelief.

His words strike my mind. My investigating capability got an idea.
"Jam!" I yelled, making him flinch.

"What the heck, Lily? I'm driving. Even I don't want to listen your sorry in heaven."

"I'll listen all your taunt afterwards now drive the car to Clara's house." I said, jumping in excitement.

"Hey, Are you high? She is the prime suspect in Stephen's case. We can't go there. We will get into trouble." Said James.

His words convinced me but I was so restless that my mind wanted to disobey James.

"But it's important." I said hesitantly looking down.

"No way." He concluded. I hummed in defeat and looked out of the window, pouting for myself. "But I can help you if you say me the reason." He informed. His words enlightened my face with a grin. He looked at me and smiled. I admired his smile dreamingly.

"Back to reality, love!"

'What? Did he call me love? '

"What? What did you just say?" I asked, emotions mixing up my heart.

'What was that?'

" I said, 'back to reality, Snow.'" He said calmly. His voice was clear and he didn't show any weird expression.

'It must be an illusion.'

"Leave all that. See, all of us noticed that Grape's bracelet seemed new, right?" I asked in curiosity.

He hummed and I continued.

"What if it was really a new one? Clara would somewhat know about that I guess. Let's not ask her directly but make her spill the beans."