29. Leave her.

Lily's POV,

"You have brought a ghost in our home. What if it have done anything for us? You only care about yourself, right?" Dad asked, supporting mom.

"No dad, she won't harm anyone." I defended.

"She won't harm anyone." Preeti mimicked me. "She would have killed me and my dad. I already told you that my father did not do the accident intentionally but you didn't believe me. You want to take revenge for your dead ghost friend and that's why you didn't file any case." She said gritting her teeth.

I feel on my knees and joined my hands in front of Preeti. "Preeti, please tell them to leave her. She is innocent. She doesn't know anything. We didn't plan anything." I pleaded crying.

James came near me and lifted me by my shoulders. He side hugged me. "Preeti, try to understand. You are creating an unnecessary scene here." James said, gritting his teeth.

Preeti signalled one of the ghost catcher and he threw a handful of blue-pink powder in the ground. "No please." Davina screamed. Her soul suffered. She crawled in the floor and came near me. I sat near her and was trying to hug her. "No don't come near me. You will get hurt." She said. I cried feeling helpless. I always protected her but now I can't even share her pain.

"Was it enough or you want to see your friend suffer more? Don't dare to grit your teeth against me." Preeti warned James.

"What's happening Snow?" Davina managed to ask me. I had no answer for her to give. I always hide the matter of Preeti's dad to her as I don't want her to suffer but now she is suffering without any reason.

"Oh dear doll! I know you know everything. Don't try to act innocent babe." Preeti said coming close to Davina.

"I really don't understand Preeti. Why you hate me so much without any reason?" Davina asked. Her voice showed nothing but pain, Only pain.

"Oh so you want to listen everything from me. Okay, let me fullfil your last wish." Preeti said stealing glances at me. "So, the truck which hit you was driven by my dad. It was a pure accident. The break of the truck was not working. Then my dad surrendered himself in police station. Lily came there and I pleaded her not to file any case. Your generous friend doesn't file any case and I was grateful for her but now I got to know her true colors. She didn't file any case because you were with her. You both planned to take revenge, right?" Preeti said.

I looked at Davina. She was looking at the floor. No emotions in her face. She might have felt heartbroken. Firstly George's confession and then my secret, both are disclosed breaking her heart. I wanted to cry but no not now. I must be strong. My worries changed into anger and I bursted out.

"Wrong Preeti. It's totally wrong. We all are in wrong side not she. One year, whole one year she was here. She is a ghost. She would have killed each and everyone by now but she was scared to face you. She hide herself from you all. She only showed her reality to me because she doesn't want to scare you but you people wants to hurt her. Can't you see her condition? She didn't even shout at you for your cruel behavior towards her. Please leave her. I will take her somewhere away from you all. Both of us won't be a burden to any of you." I stated in anger. Tears were continuously flowing from my eyes but I maintained to be strong. My eyes were going through Preeti and my parents.

My parents seemed disturbed by my explanation. Maybe they got my point but Preeti was not still satisfied. Her ears wanted to listen more , I think. I went near her and met my eyes with hers. "You still doubt me, right? So listen. I didn't file any case because I thought you and your mother should not suffer without your father. Loosing someone special is like hell. I went through that when Davina died and I don't want you to go through that. I didn't even say anything about your dad to Davina because I don't want her to get disturbed but today you crossed your limits. You hurt an innocent soul. I gave my explanation now what explanation will you give?" I asked her in displeasure.

Preeti's POV,

I feel bad, no! actual I feel worst. Everything was a misunderstanding. I acted very cruel with Davina. She suffered a lot because of me. Lily is angry on me. She is absolutely right in her point of view. She gave me my father but I only returned her pain. Now how will I correct my fault.

I turned towards the ghost catcher. "Leave her." I said. It came like a whisper. I didn't have courage to face Lily and Davina.

The ghost catcher nodded and the surroundings calm down at once. Davina's soul's colour turned white again but she lay on the floor without any energy. She was exhausted by the spell's effect on her. Lily rushed towards her and made her stand. Davina stood up and managed her poise by Lily's support.

"Thank you very much Preeti. We won't disturb you anytime." Lily said giving me a weak smile.

"Sorry." I murmured under guilt.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I shifted my gaze towards it. The ghost catcher was giving me a weak smile. "Mam! I understand each and everyone's feelings but we can't let a spirit roam like this." He said.

"Sir please I assure you, she won't hurt anyone. I'll take care of her." Lily said to the ghost catcher.

"Mam I understand your feelings. You care a lot for your friend but listen to me once. This is against the nature. She has a different world. This world would never accept her. She will be harmed in one or other way. You love your friend, right? So co-operate with us. Here she will only suffer." The ghost catcher replied in a calm tone.

Tears was continuously running out of Lily's eyes. Davina wiped it off. Lily turned towards Davina and hugged her tightly. She was in no mood to leave her friend. Davina hugged her back in the same love. Whole room was admiring their bond.

I feel very sad and guilty. Everything now is happening because of my misunderstanding.

"Doll, I don't-" Lily was about to say something while hugging Davina but Davina cut her by saying, "I'm leaving."