5. Is she Hallucinating?

James POV,

I locked the car and kept the key with me. Both of us entered into the college. It was huge and beautiful. As soon as we entered the university, we saw a beautiful environment. Students were enjoying with their friends company, laughing and fighting playfully with each other.

Lily walked towards a room in the university. As I never visited this university before, I wasn't aware about the room she entered. I just followed Lily cursing her under my breath.

'Cursing her became a routine for me nowadays' I thought.

I entered the room too. It was a big room with a single small table and a chair. A lady was sitting on the chair, handing over some papers to the students, standing on a line. Lily was standing as fifth person there.

She suddenly turned towards me and informed," Timetable and locker key is being distributed."

I nodded understanding what was going on. Before I could join her in the line, an other girl approached Lily.

"Hoi, Snow" she called out Lily.

" Don't call me that, Preeti" Lily warned in a cold tone.

" Okay chill girl. I'm sorry. How are you?"

" Better. What about you?"

"I'm great."

" Okay."

Lily's attitude towards that Preeti clearly showed that Lily tried to avoid her. Maybe Preeti also sensed that. Thus, Preeti didn't speak anything more.

Lily's turn approached her and she collected her timetable and locker's key from that lady. She left the room after leaving a smile to that lady. I also collected my stuffs from that lady in my turn and mouthed a thank you to her.

My first half of the day's class went peacefully . Though some seniors tried to bully me , I managed to escape from their tantrums.

I joined Lily for lunch in our college canteen. We sat together and had our lunch. The process went on in a comfortable silence.

After lunch I again followed my timetable. When I entered my following subject's class , I saw Lily there. She was sitting on the second last bench alone. I went and sat on the last bench.

Two random girls came to Lily and tried to sit with her but she rejected them saying that one of her friends is coming.

' Is she talking about me?'

I patted her shoulder from back and asked," You bored? Shall I join you?"

"No, it's okay", she answered and I gave her a faint smile. After that my seat was also filled by three random students but Lily was sitting all alone in her bench.

After few minutes, the professor entered the class and introduced himself. He was talking general stuffs to create a good bond between the students and him.

I was listening to him stealing glances at Lily occasionally and I noted her weird behavior. She laughs all of a sudden and controls it so quickly realising that she is in university. She was continuously smiling looking at her lap. I peeped on her lap to find out the reason for her weird behavior.
There was her mobile phone in her lap and she was holding it. The phone wasn't on but she pretended like working with it.

' What's wrong with her? Is she hallucinating something?"

The whole period went like that. After that I pursued my classes normally.

The day was pretty good except Lily's behavior which always drives me crazy. I met few random boys and girls, we talked to each other and developed a good bond.

After the end of the college, my phone's notification called me. It was a message from an unknown number.

The message said,
' I'm waiting for you in the parking lot. '

I wondered who's message was the that. I went to the parking lot holding the phone in my hand. There were many people over there . When I was examining the parking lot, somebody patted on my shoulder. I turned to see Lily standing behind me.

"What happened? Did you forget the place where you parked the car?" she asked me and I remembered that the car's key was with me.

Without uttering a word, I went towards the car and she followed me. We both got into the car. I drove the car to Lily's bungalow . Though I had many questions to ask Lily, I remained quiet.

As soon as we reached the bungalow, my eyes fall on the opened door of the bungalow. I looked at Lily and she was walking towards the door without any tension. I caught up her and questioned,"Hey! You locked the door, isn't it?"

"Mom and Dad would have arrived by now , Jam." She answered rolling her eyes.

" You called me Jam? " I asked furrowing my eyebrows in confusion but before she could answer I was engulfed by a hug. It was a hug from Mr. David. After me he hugged Lily and welcomed us home.

After a routine talk and addressing about the new experience in the college , I was resting in my room.

' Should I enquire Lily about her behaviour or should I tell about her weird behavior to Mrs. Mary? Will George be knowing anything about Davina?'

My thoughts were disturbed by the knocks on the door. I went and opened it. To my surprise, there stood Lily.

" I was gonna buy some books for college in the nearby book store and mom told me to take you along. Do you wanna join me? "

" I'm okay with that but I don't wanna die so better I will drive."

" Ugh! I know to drive very well. "

" Nice to know but I don't believe."

"So don't. I am only going to drive."

Our argument came to end when Mrs. Mary came there. " Not in the mood of leaving?" She asked folding her hands against the chest and raising one of her eyebrows.

" I'll join Lily but only if she let's me drive." I confirmed.

" Are you both fighting for such a small thing? Lily , let James drive . Give him the keys." Mary ordered and Lily gave me the keys making a pout.

Both of us left the house and got into the car after bidding bye to Aunt and Uncle. I planned to ask Lily about her weird behavior in this chance alone.