12. I missed her

James POV,

I was sitting in the sofa opposite to Preeti and was chit chatting random stuffs with her. She told me about her family and so I did. While we were taking my eyes fall on Lily. She half opened her room's door and peeped out like a mouse peeping out from it's hole. Soon her eyes met with mine. I was stealing glances at her while taking with Preeti. Suddenly Lily winked at me and slightly lowered her head .

That was cute but it  shocked me very badly . Soon I realized myself that she was gesturing me to come. I took leave from Preeti and walked towards Lily. When I neared her, she pulled me inside the room as if she was going to tell me some secrets.

" What's the matter?" I asked her in a serious tone and her face expression showed that she was struggling to say something. " Don't panic for anything, spill it out." I assured.

She took a deep breath, bit her lower lip and closed both of her eyes. " Can you cut that apple for me?" She asked,  pointing towards the plate in Davina's hand which held apple in it. I looked back at her and she opened one of her eyes. I chuckled admiring her cuteness. I was so lost in her that I didn't answered her. She opened both of her eyes and made a confused face seeing me.

" Hello Mr. James! There is no need to feel like a superhero. We just asked you to cut an apple." Davina commented making a disgusting face. Maybe she got irritated by waiting.

" I didn't felt myself as a superhero but your beloved friend's expressions made me think that she was gonna say a secret." I said, looking at Lily.

"Ofcouse! This is also a secret." She said, pouting like a grumpy kid.

"And why is that so?" I asked.

"Telling that a college student doesn't know to cut an apple is definitely a secret, isn't it?" She asked and I nodded. " You know what? I am scared to handle knives." She informed.

" But you are not scared of cutting your veins, huh?" I snapped and she rolled her eyes.

I took the plate from Davina and cut the apple stealing glances at Lily which was unnoticed by her but noticed by Davina. She clearly her throat and I pretend to act normal. I handed over the plate of sliced apples to Lily pretending to be annoyed and went out of the room. I could see Lily pouting from the corner of my eyes.

Rest of the day was quite normal. After I had dinner, I went to sleep. Lily didn't join us in the dining table as usual but now I didn't feel bad as I know the reason

Next day,

I got up at 7 and did the daily chores. I went to Lily's room and knocked the door. There was no response. I continued knocking the door for several times but still there was no response. I decended the stairs and went to Mrs. Mary.

"Good morning , James" she greeted me, with a huge smile.

"Good morning Mrs. Mary. Where is Lily? I knocked her room several times but she didn't open it."

"She left for college early today. She said she has some work. Don't you know?" Mrs. Mary questioned me.

Though I was sure that she had no work , I pretended that I know about her schedule. How can someone have busy works in the first week of the college.

"Yeah! I Know but forgot." I answered, taking Lily's side but deep inside I was  scared about Lily.

I went to the university accompanied by Preeti in her car. She drove the car whereas I was completely lost in fear.
As soon as I reached the university, I searched Lily and Davina but unfortunately I failed.

Classes started and my eyes was searching Lily and Davina in each and every period but still I was no so lucky. Her thoughts haunted my mind. I started thinking scary stuffs on her which made me restless.

She didn't even join me in lunch. I was sitting with Preeti in the table. I tried to call Lily but her phone was unreachable.

Finally it was the last period. I was sitting in the second last bench waiting for Lily. I didn't knew her schedule but still I was waiting for her in each and every period. Preeti is not with me, I was alone. The class started and my hope ended.

After few minutes, I heard a familiar voice.

" Excuse me." Lily excused with a sad face. She was ten minutes late.

"Yes Ms. Diana! Are you free now? Shall I start the class?" The professor moked her in angry tone.

"Sorry." Mouthed Lily.

"Just this time." Informed the professor and Lily stepped in. She straight away came to me and my subconscious mind warned me to avoid her.

" Such an angry bird." I heard her cursing the professor in a low tone. Then she turned towards me to give a smile. I ignored her and pretend to concentrate on the lecture. " James!" She called me out and I didn't budge.
" Mr. James Andrew! Are you listening me." She slightly yelled and I continued my process of ignoring her.
" Okay, I'm done. I can't stand more, I  clearly know you can listen me. Then why on earth you are ignoring me?"
She questioned , giving an annoyed look at me.

" Because I think you deserve it." I answered which let to a confused look on her face.