31: Road to Hell

A few days into the week had gone by pretty fast. I've spent most of my time trying to start back with school, and speaking to Mr. Lincoln about working for him. I've been stressing myself out trying to maintain all the stable parts in my life, meaning my family, and hanging out with my friends.

I've tried to spend my fair share of time with both of them and thankfully I can say life has only been getting easier for me. I've weirdly distanced myself from Damon. I guess you could say I'm still trying to figure everything out with that even though we agreed to give this thing a try. I want this, I do. But I don't feel like my hearts truly in it.

It's six in the morning. Thankfully I can say the best familiar feeling is waking up at my earliest, getting in a good jog before classes start and then some coffee right after.

Damon groans lightly from him side of the bed as I throw on his old school sweater. Wow, I'm literally the only person who's still trying to get through college. It would be a lot more enjoyable if I wasn't the only person but I guess it'll help me remove any and all distractions from my learning environment.

I look back every now and then before grabbing my backpack. Pencils, highlighters, notebooks, textbooks. I'm all set.

"What time is it?" Damon calls out in his sleepy voice, Great. I turn around hoping he's just talking in his sleep at least but as soon as he sits up that thought is immediately out of the window.

"Six-Fifteen. I was gonna head down to the school a bit earlier. You know, to try to get back on schedule."

Leaning back on his elbows, he nods his head. "You don't need me to drive you or anything?" He asks.

"No," I say shaking my head. "I wanted to take the bus. Try to get a clear mindset while I'm on there. Plus I wanted to let you sleep in."

Oh no.

My shoulders tense a little bit as he starts to get up, walking over to me, "You sure? I don't mind the ride."

Uh, I begin to shake my head yes before shaking it no. I'm a little bit distracted by his bare chest and the great sweatpants he had worn to night. "I-I can take the bus. I'll text you when I'm there."

Damon lightly chuckles before running his fingers through his hair, "Yeah for sure. Well uh, have a good class. I was planning on hanging with Tyler later today. He's doing some car repairing and given my car-savvy hands I could help out."

"What about Sam?" I ask.

Damon shrugs his shoulders. "He's having dinner with some chick. He'll probably stop by later but I strongly doubt it. Dude hasn't been laid in almost two months."

I'm caught off guard by my laugh, "So I guess that's his goal for tonight?"

"Yeah pretty much. Anyway I'm holding you up, I'll see you later today?" He asks me.

I nod my head before giving him a light smile, "Bye." I turn my back towards him, relief on my chest as the conversation ended. I don't see why I get so nervous around him it makes me frustrated.

"Wait," he says, grabbing my arm. I look at him, confused.

He gently grabs my face, quickly kissing me. My hands place themselves against his shoulders as his arms lace around my waist.

As he pulls away he lightly grins, "See you later."

The only thing I could do in the moment was laugh before leaving.

Arriving to campus was fairly odd. Of course I didn't really recognize much aside from the exterior. My main focus was finding the admissions office. Walking around, I felt like a lost puppy. It was only
almost eight in the morning and it felt like the campus grounds were already packed.