𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕

i sit in tranquility, reading a book whilst leaning on the windowsill. i absentmindedly gaze at the grey clouded skies on this gloomy day. my hot drink filling the empty room with the fragrance of cocoa and nothing else. the only sound to be the turning of the pages of my book. the sky has held the rain long enough as it spills droplets of water all at once. descending down from the hazy skies filled with nimbus clouds, the rain showers over the roof. the pitter patter as it hits the ground is like a lullaby. ever so comforting. it prevents me from hearing the deafening silence as i lose myself in my book and my soul leaves my body to visit a different universe. an earthy smell lingers in the room. mother nature is consoling me in their scent. it's almost as welcoming as your scent, but nothing compared to it.

i turned the page of my book when i was disrupted by the door opening. i turned my head as i met eyes with anna. your long blonde beautiful hair spilled down your shoulders. your blue eyes soft, and in them i see only a reflection of the love i have for you. your rosy cheeks, scarlet with embarrassment for interrupting me from reading. your lips slightly parted. your shirt, or mine, hanging loosely on your exposed shoulder. you are so effortlessly beautiful. you're about to turn around to walk away and let me get on with my book but i stop you.

"i can read to you."

i spoke softly, a hint of desperation in my voice.

you turn around instantly, your cheeks still flushed red but instead with warmth and delight. you slowly walk your way over to where i sat next to the window. i moved over a little, so you could sit next to me. you rested your head on my shoulder and i began at the top of the page, slowly making my way down. as i went to turn the page i sneaked a glance to see if you were still awake and listening. to my surprise you weren't at all paying attention to the book. instead, your focus was all piled on me, the book was nothing but a mere distraction to what you were reading. to you, i was the most intriguing book to ever read. we locked eyes for a second but it felt like an eternity. even in the grey weather, they still glistened. hypnotising me the longer i looked into them. helpless to look away because i was so mesmerised by the way the blue clashes with the navy specs that decorates your eyes when you look at me. the blue was deeper and more dominant than the navy. they radiated waves like the ocean towards me. i returned to my book, retaining control of everything i had lost when i was pulled into the trance of our eye contact. your palms caressed my tender cheeks as i continued to read the next page. they were cold, but your warm hands made the blood rush to the surface and made me warm too. chills travelled down my my spine as i once again lost my focus on what i was reading. i was stumbling over my words because nobody had ever touched me so gently. stroking my face with your thumb so slowly i never wanted you to stop. i couldn't help but look at you again. looking into those eyes as if i'm staring into the night sky. stars twinkle deep inside them before quickly being engulfed by the pupils as they enlarge from the heavy gaze we both shared. i join them up like constellations. i find a plethora of them each time. struck with limerence whenever my eyes meet yours. you make the stars seem dull.

when your lips touch mine i realise i have no reason to to visit the city of love. for you stand before me and heaven itself is in awe watching us from above. being in your company is as easy as breathing. the poems of the beauty of love really are true. i have fallen and it seems i am in a river of galaxies. your tongue entangles mine, i can taste ecstasy. i never thought i'd want to drown, but oh wow. i do not think i will ever get enough. and as if you can hear my thoughts, you pull away, your lips still grazing against mine, both our breaths heavy.

"i love you y/n."

you whisper onto my lips, you close your eyes.

and i am gone again.