𝕚 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕜𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦

the soft grass tickled my back as i lay hand in hand with anna. the slight autumn breeze seeped through the holes in my sweatshirt causing goosebumps to erupt all over my body. a vast land of flowers lay before us. all pulchritudinous, but nothing compared to you. i remove my eyes from the clouds above us and move them to you. your blonde hair laid perfectly around you, your skin glowing from the rays of light peeking over the horizon. your eyebrows furrowed, attempting to make out a shape of a single cloud. your lips slightly parted, your eyes shining with the reflection of the morning sun. why look up at the sky when i had the whole universe in your gorgeous eyes?

you're so beautiful. i propped myself up on my elbows that sunk into the field of grass and reached my hand out and ran my fingers along the side of your jaw softly, your focus on the sky breaking as soon as the lightness of my touch distracted you from it. your eyes alone spoke a million words. your pupils dilated, leaving almost no space for the rest of your blue iris. my fingers moved to trace gentle circles on your cheeks, i then lightly tap the bridge of your nose. you smiled at my actions and i smiled back at you. i was in love. you suddenly rested on your elbows too and your hand travelled to my cheek and rested perfectly into the curves of my face because we were meant for each other in that way. you closed the gap between our lips. your lips lingered on mine for a few seconds as i drowned in the tenderness of them. then you drew back.

"the sunrise is beautiful isn't it, my love?"

you spoke softly. resting your forehead against mine.

you grabbed one of my hands, and began grazing the pads of your fingers along my knuckles and the creases of my palms. my skin tingled everywhere you touched.

"i want to spend the rest of my sunrises with you."

i whispered, nearly inaudible. but you heard. because you hear everything. you hear me, because nobody else does.

you hummed at my response before pressing your warm lips to my cold, exposed neck. my stomach was overcome in butterflies once again at the feeling of your lips making contact with my body. you removed your lips and i frowned at the loss of your warmth. our love wasn't like those romance movies. it was rather simple, yet still perfectly sweet. i didn't need someone to bring me flowers to drop on my doorstep. i didn't need fancy wine accompanied with an expensive meal. i didn't need to be spoiled. i believe your presence is worth more than every luxury in this world, you bring me contentment simply through existing. you take the worst of days and turn them into something okay with nothing more than the touch of your hands. i am able to believe that happiness exists because i have the luxury of being able to spend this life with you. i don't need any of those lavish things when i have you.

you are more than enough for my heart.