𝕪𝕠𝕦

we're laying in the back of your truck, my head rests on your chest and my heart is in your hands. i watch, and try to control my heartbeat as a shooting star soars across the sky. i know you see it too.

"what did you wish for?"

you question me.

i nuzzle my head into your neck and giggle, feeling your own heartbeat that's matching mine.

"i can't tell you."

i almost mumble. my words muffle in your shirt or else it won't come true.

it's us that i wished for, that we'll share moments like these forever and that it'll be us, just us. forever. and when you kiss the top of my head i think maybe, just maybe, the universe hears me. i turned my eyes slightly to my left, you sat mesmerised by the stars. your skin glowed softly in the moonlight and your eyes were entrancing. the way your nose was perfectly pointed and your lips were perfectly parted. the way your blonde hair flew back in the light breeze of the night. there's something about you. something so... enchanting, mesmerising. perhaps it's the hair, or the eyes, or the way you smile at me and me only. but you've invaded my senses and taken over my mind. my heart seems to beat just for you and likes to pound itself against my chest in desperation to reach you when you're around. and then we locked eyes. a breath of relief escaping from both of our mouths as reality set in. all the pain, all the fear, all the war we've withstood in our lives; it was all worth it. for now, as we gazed into each other's hearts, the stars hanging above us, and silent i love you's floating in the midst, we knew we would have each other for all eternity.

and that was all we needed.