Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
╔═══════════════╗
𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍
╚═══════════════╝

The walkie talkie buzzed back to life and Will's voice came on.

"Genie, are you there? Over."

"Yeah, I'm here.  Over." She responded.

"Do you wanna come over for a sleepover tonight?  Bob's coming over too, for movie night.  Over." Will said.

"Sure, I'll have to ask my mom but otherwise I'll be right there." Over and out."

The two had invited each other for sleepovers almost every other day.  Nobody questioned it.  Genie was the only one who calmed Will's nightmares so Joyce was very willing to allow them to have sleepovers on school nights.

"Mom, can I sleep over at Will's tonight?" Genie called down the stairs where her parents sat, probably watching TV.

"Of course, honey.  Get Steve to drive you!"

Genie smiled victoriously.

"Okay, thanks!"

She hurried to her brother's room and knocked loudly on the door.

"What?" Came Steve's annoyed drawl.

"It's you're sister.  I need a ride to Will's." Genie explained, unnaturally patient.  Steve swung the door open and grabbed his car keys from the dresser.  "Not yet, I need to pack first."

Genie messily threw some clothes and pajamas into an overnight bag and swung it over her shoulder.

"You finally ready?" Steve asked impatiently.

"Yup, let's go."

The two left the house and drove off to the Byer's house.

"How is Will, by the way?" Steve wondered aloud.

"He's alright. Still a bit shaken up and his episodes are getting worse but I think as long as he has people there for him, he should be fine." Genie shrugged.

The drive wasn't long and soon enough, Steve was pulling into the driveway and wishing his sister goodbye.

"See you tomorrow, Stevie!" Genie waves before slamming the door shut and marching up the driveway.

She knocked loudly and Joyce opened it, greeting her with a smile.

"Hi, Genie, dear.  Thank you for coming over." The older lady thanked Genie who nodded.

"It's no problem, really.  I just want Will to get better."

Joyce glanced back at Bob who leaned against a wall behind her.

"Come on in, Will's in his room."

Genie thanked Joyce and hurried off to Will's room, oblivious to the adults whispering kind words about her in the kitchen.

"Knock knock." Genie entered Will's room with a smile.  He looked up at her.

"Hey, Genie."