🌙39| Ends meet

Start from the beginning

"Get them!" After heaving a sigh, I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my hand and stopped in one of the burnt trains to rest.

"The book? I need to meditate on the spell." I thought before looking through my bag. When I pulled it out, I looked through the directions and kept them in my mind to study them critically. I got up quickly when I heard footsteps approaching. Rushing after those two, we ended up separating in the huge forest.

"Max!" I yelled running around the forest. After going deeper, my eyes widened when I saw Ian dropping his body from his raised hand. He collapsed on the floor struggling to breathe. Tearing up, I dashed after him, turning to Ian angrily.

"What did you do to him?!" I yelled at Ian who rolled his eyes. "I didn't do much...you killed him. His wound has opened up. Surrender the book and I'll help him," I looked at him shaking my head. His wound had opened up again oozing out with blood.

 Coughing blood, he struggled to raise his hand. He touched my face and put up a smile. Fumbling with his words, I shook my head and hugged him. "I-It's useless. Don't hand it over. Leave from here."

I cried and covered his wound with my hand. I shook my head rubbing my hand on his hand. Tears escaped my eyes watching him in this state because I stabbed him.

 "You promised to be with me. You have to fulfill your promise." I compressed his wound with my hand while wiping my tears with the other hand.

"No. L-leave here! Go as far as you can. It's useless. I don't want to live like this. You'll be implicated if you stay back. Even if you kill him, you'll die. I'm going to die anyway. I'll e-end everything by myself," he explained coughing. "What are you saying?" He took a deep breath trying to talk.

"The prophecy we all knew was incomplete. Anyone who tries to defeat or manage to kill him will die. Your mom died trying to your dad and my parents. It will repeat over again. That's why I want to do this alone. This is the last thing I can do as a human, to save the people. Leave here. Don't let him access the book!" I stared at him disturbed by his confession. "Mom said we could."

"That's what she thought but she died too. Please go now." Pushing me away down the alley, he pulled out a bomb from his pocket. When I managed to get up, I saw the look of melancholy and eagerness to say something. Hesitant to move, I heard him mutter, "I-I l-love you." Ian yelled when the bomb activated, blasting the whole area.

  I fell back on the floor as thick black smoke smeared my face. Crying, I got up quickly and rushed to the burnt area. Crawling over the floor, I found Max lying on the floor. When I moved closer and lowered my finger over his nose, a tear glided down my cheeks.

"MAX!" I yelled shaking him up. My heart sank in my stomach ripping at the sheer thought that he was dead. While I cried, Ian got up slowly clutching to his chest. "Max, please don't leave me. Max!" I cried touching his face. "He's gone...as you said the dead never return. Give me the book and I'll spare you!"

My eyes grew red. Max couldn't get rid of him totally with the bomb. He ended up dying instead. Clenching my fist angrily, the police officers run towards us. I quickly wiped my tears and stand up facing him directly. 

I must end what he started, even if it costs my life too. Remembering the requirements, I looked up to a pocket knife on the floor. Slitting my wrist, I let the drops fall on the knife before looking up at him with a crooked smile.

Pure hate got the best of me. I raised my head slowly giving him a death glare. "You're wrong. Even if I die, you're going with me!" I screamed charging the atmosphere. The clouds joined clashing together under my command.

  Thunder struck everywhere breaking down trees. My eyes lit dangerously and my hair rummaged in the air carelessly. I felt a burst of massive energy rush through my body. Twirling, I flung the blood stained knife at him, stabbing his chest directly. Blood spurted from his lips as his vision dimmed.

"This is for my mom and dad!" I screamed shooting his chest after grabbing the gun. He winced in pain, touching his legs.

Holding my tears, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, pouting blood as I did the next twirl. "This is for Kate!" I screamed shooting his right leg. He looked down slowly turning to me with a shocked face when his heart beat irregularly.

 Struggling, I loaded another round of bullets and held my breath. As the wind blew my hair, I raised the gun shooting his lower abdomen with another bullet. "This is for Tricia, Janessa and all the other students you killed!" My vision became blurry. He laughed silently waiting for my next move after spurting more blood.

I gulped angrily pointing the gun at his forehead. "And this is for Max and the normal life you deprived me off!" I screamed shooting the last bullet into his heart. He looked below him before turning to me again with an astonished smile.

Watching him thump dead in the floor, the police officers stepped back in shock. I forced myself to smile when blood choked my mouth. Coughing blood, I clutched to my chest falling by Max.

 "Max," I muttered staring at him with my vision blurring with each passing minute. As I breathed heavily, I took slow steps towards him. My mouth was full of blood dripping on the floor at each step.

I felt a piercing pain in my heart. My heart thumped vigorously as blood oozed from my mouth. I collapsed by him, holding his hand. "I love you too." My vision became extremely blurry when I couldn't see him anymore. Stretching my hand to touch his face, my hands dropped dead. My heart stopped beating the moment after.

 "Clara. Max!" Cathy yelled looking around with Nathan and Jess. She found Ian's burnt body lying a bit far from us.

Tracing the blood she found me lying beside Max in a pool of blood. But we were lying immobile, dead. "Clara. Max,"she cried while shaking us up, but we couldn't respond. Nathan patted her shoulders, holding back his tears.

 "A huge fight occurred on Liverpool streets just like what happened years ago. But in this case, a vampire by name Max Adrian Morrison died fighting Ian Morrison, a vampire who has been killing girls from Beverly Hills with the help of the principal, Mrs. Kimberly. She's being arrested by the police as we speak.

A higher school student, Clara Dickson, intercepted the fight and arrest of the two and ended up dying too. The police are taking care of the rest," the broadcaster announced.

  The crowd and the press gathered around Beverly questioning her as she was pulled outside dragged by the police with handcuffs.

"Please answer us. Are you a vampire too or were you his wife? Tell us?" She looked down avoiding the accusing gazes the crowd displayed.

The ambulance and police patrols gathered around the bodies placing each body on the stretcher before pulling them into their ambulance.

"Miss. We found this on Ian Morrison's body," a man said passing a picture to her. Nathan stood by the stretcher with my body and held his tears trembling to raise his hand. Cathy dropped the picture finding the picture of a little boy on it.

  Breathing heavily, she closed her eyes. "Who's he?"

       Comment 🌺 Vote 🌺 Share