Chapter 52: Side Switch

Start from the beginning

Sunset Shimmer: I think that's a good idea. Twilight's more than reliable, so she'll more likely keep one of the stones safe and sound.

(Y/N): I agree, Sunshine. I... I still can't believe that V/N's defeated.

Sci-Twi: Neither can we. He must have been reckless then if he was easily captured.

(Y/N): You think so?

Gloriosa Daisy: For sure! At least now he won't be much of a problem anymore, right?

Trixie Lulamoon: The great and powerful Trixie couldn't agree more!

(Y/N): I... guess so.

You said in a low voice as you sat down on the bed with a worried stare as your girlfriends didn't fail to notice it.

Sunset Shimmer: Why do you look so glum, Y/N? This is great news! We no longer have to worry about V/N anymore.

(Y/N): I-I don't disagree, Sunset. I just...I just have this feeling that this won't be the last we see of V/N. That, and of something bad happening. For some reason, they still linger even after hearing Twilight's news.

Rainbow Dash: Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much, babe. I'm sure they'll go away if given enough time.

(Y/N): I... I don't know, Dashie. Maybe it's because of how much we've had to go through for the past year is what's caused me to feel like this. Either that... or I might now have PTSD.

Sci-Twi: I wouldn't be too surprised if you do. Considering that you practically dived about 34 meters deep in the ocean just to save Shadow.

(Y/N): Speaking of which, have any of you noticed any improvements he's made with Shallow yet?

As if that was his que, Shadow burst into your room with a panicked expression

Shadow Moonlight: Y/N! Y/N!

He said as he bent downwards in order to catch his breath.

(Y/N): Woah, woah, woah! Calm down. Just calm down, Shad, and tell me what's wrong. Use your words!

Shadow Moonlight: I sensed Edge's magic! He's in the realm that he created. You know, the one he used to train you and your girls? I sensed his magic somewhere in there.

He said as your eyes widened.

(Y/N): S-Seriously?!

Shadow Moonlight: Seriously! We've gotta go and see if he's oka-

He silenced himself when he saw your harem staring back at him quizzically.

Shadow Moonlight: O-Oh... I didn't realize you were on a date. *clears throat* Well, I just thought I'd let you know since I'm gonna head over there myself and see what's what. Hopefully, I won't be gone for very long.

Sunset Shimmer: It's fine, Shadow. Hey Y/N, why don't you go with him?

(Y/N): Really? I'd hate to just flake out on you all like this. *thinking* Man, I'm getting a real sense of Deja vu right now.

Shadow Moonlight: *thinking* Something about this feels vaguely familiar and I don't know why. *speaking* Yeah, I mean, the time he spends with you girls is just as important and I don't want to take that away from you.

Rainbow Dash: Hey, we're superheroes now, Shad. The safety of one of our friends takes bigger priority over some silly date. Especially, since he's been gone for so long.

Shadow Moonlight: Well, if you feel that way...how about we all go then? 

Rarity: It's fine, darling. We'll wait here until you boys get back.