Suddenly Chapter 31

Chapter Thirty One

Turquoise Water

Reece drove us to the airport as soon as the wedding was over whilst the photographer got the best shots of us and we left our guests still dining and dancing the night away.

We had a speedy flight to the Maldives, it was the only flight for that week so we had to take it and start our first journey together as a married couple. The airport was busy as usual and the flight to the island was somewhat comfortable. Havana leaned over and fell asleep on my shoulder, I was also beat, it was a long day and an even longer past eight months or so since we began the marital planning.

I sat there, moving yet unmoved, pondering and reliving every moment that we had shared in the past months. I had to admit, it was fun planning a wedding and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, as long as I was doing it with her, she was my partner in crime and we worked so well together. I admired her angelic face as she took each breath in and exhaled whilst she dreamed, I could do this the rest of my life I thought to myself. I was happy.

I woke to the pilots' announcement of our descent, I had fallen asleep for the past few hours and we were upon our destination. Butterflies filled my tummy; I knew we were in for a wonderful exciting experience on this honeymoon.

The Valana International airport was beautiful, the hotel had arranged for us to be chauffeured to our room from the airport. It was a short drive from the airport to the resort. It was dark and late, and we were exhausted, we crashed on our super king size bed and unromantically fell asleep within seconds.

Traditionally newlyweds were supposed to make love on their first night together, but I knew we weren't the conventional couple; we made our own rules and went at our own pace.

The next morning the sunlight stole its place between the curtains and shone on her velvet satin skin. Our bodies were tangled up under the sea of white sheets. She never looked more beautiful than she did at that morning.

She turned towards me and said, "Good morning Mister"

I looked her in her beautiful eyes and we kissed. Kisses turned to more kisses, my hands touched her face and hers tucked under my shirt. Clothes were coming off and the temperature ascended as our sizzling bodies pressed against each other.

We were making sweet love, the room was a blur, I couldn't stop myself, and I wanted my wife so badly. My body craved her, I satisfied my hunger for her with every kiss, every thrust, deeper and deeper into her, her back arched as she clinched the cotton sheets, she moaned ever so gently as she felt me make love to her.

She was more than a dream, more than I'd ever asked God for. I had forgotten just how beautiful she made me feel. Aside from the day she said yes all those months ago, this was the only other time we were intimate like this. Wow, my wife was an amazing lover!

The door bell rang, room service had momentarily interrupted us but I honestly needed to wet my throat with some chilled orange juice. I was drained and needed my energy back, we had a long day ahead of us filled with activities and couples events.

Breakfast was nice and it felt so good and comfortable eating with her. She had just a T on and we were scruffy and uncombed yet so gorgeous. Was this what I was going to get up to every morning for the rest of my life? Yippy I said to myself, this was everything I've ever wanted in a woman.

My friends would tell me horror stories of women they'd gotten up to that scared the hell out of them and I was hoping that I would never have to tell a story like that and thankfully I won't.

We got into the shower together for the first time, I was shy and I could tell she was too. We were at it again; we couldn't keep our hands off each other. Our bodies reacted to each other with familiarity; they were conversing on another realm. It was intoxicating and exhilarating. I wasn't a fan of long showers but I could see this was soon becoming one of my favorite things to do; it was now an event rather than just a body scrub with soapy lather.

I didn't want this feeling to end, it was perfectly perfect, even the awkward and sometimes embarrassing moments were amazing; there was nobody else that I wanted to be myself with, to bare it all, let her in to the parts of me that were broken and shattered, to let her healing heart put me back together. Falling asleep that night I watched her drift off into a land where she dreamed of things, hoping with all of me that I was one of those things that she saw and met in her REM state. I stared at the ceiling for just a moment or two, thinking about my journey here and how life had taken me on so many suddenly moments, and of course I thought of her, BE, My BE, I wondered what she was doing at this instant, what she was thinking of, was she thinking of me?

I had my beautiful bride next to me, peaceful, angelic like, asleep, it was a wow moment but my mind drifted off to a place far from where I really was, it took me to distant yet familiar thoughts and memories of BE. I wondered what it would feel like to have her next to me, to watch her fall asleep in my arms. That opportunity had passed me by and God has given me a different kind of love and true happiness and I was truly thankful to Him for what I had. Sometimes it's not about having what you want but instead wanting what you have. We wait for words, words that will change our lives but sometimes we hear the words that break us and we let those words define us but that definition isn't the truth, it's just an opinion, an opinion that we have to defeat. My journey wasn't over and I refused to let the broken past of BE to keep me from a beautiful destination with Havana.

We awoke to the sound of light waves toppling at the shore, the turquoise waters never looked better. Havana had a sexy two piece on, her flat board chiseled tummy along with her voluptuous breasts were a sight to see, she also had athletic legs to go with the rest of the outfit. She was a total beach babe with a beach bod.

Long stares, smiles, sweet kisses, our tushies dampened with the wet sand underneath us. We drank watermelon juice with little umbrellas in the tall glasses; the warm waters visited our sandy feet as we sat on the edge of the shore. We were in paradise; it was almost like a scene from a movie or the picturesque pastel work of a renowned artist painting his best work.

Not too long the colorful coral fish swam close to the back wash to greet us and to wish us well on our journey together. We were all laughs, we laughed so hard that our tummies ached as if we had done a thousand sit ups. It was a time I didn't want to end but the days were going by quickly though.

We dined to the nine; we had three course meals every time we sat down at the local restaurants on the island. Aside from the five star dining there was so much else to do, paddle skiing, canoeing, snorkeling, the activities were endless and tiring as well, finally we were treated to a full body massage at the resorts spa and wellness center.

The time we spent together really got us closer to each other; there was something about us being at an unknown location that bonded us. It felt like we were on a luxurious survival trip and we relied on each other to get tasks done and to meet deadlines, of course these tasks were fun activities and these deadlines were actually us making it for dinner on time, but they were the first real things we did as a couple, as a team, it felt warm and good.

Havana and I worked well together, there were no real hiccups between us; we were mature yet so quirky. We found easy ways to do the most extreme of things, and most of all we laughed a lot. I think laughter is one of the most important things a couple can do together, it's not just laughing, it's laughing at each other and with each other that makes the bond between two people stronger. The right side of the brain is the creative half. When we laugh it actually boosts our immune system by producing more antibodies, laughter also triggers the release of endorphins which is our body's natural feel-good chemical.

Perhaps it's the ability to be your true self, the uninterrupted, no make-up, human, flawed self. Being flawed is a deep fear of most people and I think that not allowing you to be yourself is the biggest mistake people make in relationships. A person has to fall in love with their partners' edges and curves, not just the smooth attributes you'd want to show off in front of your friends or family.

The fun was over, and it was time for us to return to the real world, the two week honeymoon in the Maldives had run its course. I wasn't saddened by the return home, I actually was looking forward to taking on the world with me new bestie. I knew she had my back and would kill for me.