~Sunset City~

[Tried to write a descriptive short story based upon this photo from the internet]

The bustling sounds of the city were practically nonexistent from up here. He could see the light, the movement, the people, but the noise didn't cary on the lazy breeze. He imagined their conversations, the sounds of traffic and footsteps, but none of that really reached him.

Orange and yellow hues reflected on office buildings as the sun slowly dragged below the horizon, stretching his shadow tall and thin. The warmth touched his skin only briefly before that lazy breeze came to pull it away.

It was peaceful up here, watching the world go by without consequence. Though the city below constantly changed like the tide, it felt as though time was frozen in this moment; nothing but the sounds of a chill breeze and his shallow breath in his ears.

Soon, darkness would creep up on the colourful sky, holding back the ephemeral warmth until the day broke anew. The city he knew would change and crawl with a different energy and the stars above would reveal themselves, smiling down on the silent world.

He watched with patience as the orange sky turned to purple, turned to blue, turned to black. The darkness swallowed the city and kept it until dawn.