───── Book Three║Ch. 13

Part Three

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"I now crown you Fire Lord―"

"What are you waiting for?" Azula questioned, annoyed that the priest had paused. 

She had dark circles under her eyes, her clothes were rumpled, and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. All in all - a total mess. Her hair was the only thing that looked royal thanks to Soza who was kind enough to brush it and arrange it into a bun worthy of the coronation.

"Do it!!" she commanded harshly, not realizing that the priest was looking at something―no, at someone.

At Zuko and Katara to be precise. 

As the bison landed, Appa bellowed, and Zuko stood up on Appa's large, furry head.

"Sorry," he said, voice in a growl, "but you're not going to become Fire Lord today." He paused dramatically, jumping off from the bison and landing on the ground. 

"I am," he announced firmly. 

Silence enveloped the whole courtyard. 

Azula started cackling, mocking her older brother; Soza remained silent, however.

"You're hilarious," Azula mocked, hand on her stomach.

"And you are going down," Katara bit back. She had jumped down from Appa as well and joined beside Zuko to help face Azula and Soza.

When the priest started to place the crown on Azula's head, she raised a hand and said,

"Wait. You want to be Fire Lord?" she pondered, standing up with her large cloak draped over her shoulders. "Fine, let's settle this. Just you and me, brother, the showdown that was always meant to be ― Agni Kai!" she declared, a cunning smirk on her beautiful, but tired face.