───── Book Three ║ Ch. 5

[ Part Three ]

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"I thought that I'd find you here," Soza leaned against a pillar at the old estate that they used to visit when they were kids. 

"Those summers we spent here," Zuko mumbled, "seem so long ago." He sighed, setting down the rock tablet that he held. "So much has changed."

"Yeah," Soza's eye twitched. "I've heard you say that a lot this trip. What a drag."

When Zuko glared at her, she sighed and put her arms up in surrender against her older brother. Her dark brown hair started blowing behind her in the cold night summer winds. She sighed once more before saying,

"Come down to the beach with me." She gestured her hand towards the waves. "Come on, this place is depressing," she turned around. Zuko lumbered up and trudged behind her.

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Hey.....," Mai whispered softly when she saw Zuko coming in an attempt to fix what happened between them at the party.

"Where's your new boyfriend?," Zuko sneered at her. Mai 'tched' and turned away from her now ex-boyfriend. Zuko inhaled as he watched a look of disgust form on Mai's face and his amber eyes softened.

"Are you....cold?," he asked, sitting down next to her, wincing and regretting the harsh response that he gave earlier. He tried to wrap his hand around Mai, only to have it get slapped away harshly by her.