───── Book Three ║ Ch. 6

[ Part Four ]

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░   ░▒▓█     █▓▒░  ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Leave me alone!"

'Oh, God,' Soza thought to herself, 'this is getting really really annoying.'

"I," Zuko started, walking closer to the noble Mai, "like it when you express yourself," he admitted. His tan hand reaching over to Mai's.

In response, Mai slapped away his hand harshly while she spat out, "don't touch me!"

"I'm still mad at you," she finished, turning away from her ex-boyfriend.

"My life hasn't been that easy either, Mai," Zuko admitted, pointing a thumb at his chest. 

"Whatever―that doesn't excuse the way you've been acting," Mai sneered, stoic in her facial expression as she spun back around to face Zuko.

"Calm down, you guys," Ty-lee pleaded weakly. "This much negative energy is bad for your skin. You'll totally break out." She waved her hand while closing her round eyes, pointing out facts to the bantering teenagers.

"Bad skin?" Zuko asked, glaring at Ty-lee from the corner of his amber eyes.

Ty-lee winced and scooted closer to the lazy Soza, away from Zuko's harsh voice. "Normal teenagers worry about bad skin. I don't have that luxury. My own father decided to teach me a permanent lesson on my very face!," he spat.

"Sorry, Zuko, I―"

"For so long, I thought that if my dad accepted me, I'd be happy!" Zuko turned around, back facing the four girls. "I'm back home, now. My dad talks to me. Huh," Zuko scoffed. "He even thinks that I'm a hero! Everything should be perfect, right? I should be happy now, but I'm not. I'm angrier than ever. And I don't know why." He paced back and forth on the sandy shore.