Chapter 8: Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Many of us laughed, including Jo and Chris.

'Alllll right.' Chris clapped his hands together. 'Let's start this.'

Us children filed out of the door in to a small, dark room. Chris motioned to go a bit more further. We inched back until he held out his hand for us to stop.

He nodded, nodded to Jo, I supposed because I couldn't see, looked up and called, 'Are you all ready?'

'Yeeeepp!!' Was the answer.

'Awesome!' He grabbed those clinker thingys and said, 'Lights! Cameras! Action!'

Snap.

At once conversation started to buzz around us as we walked up the stone stairs. Emma and I were actually excited and pointed to the portraits and flame torches. When we rounded the platform in the middle, we saw a woman just over middle age with emerald green robes standing on the top of their stairs: Maggie Smith.

'Welcome to Hogwarts.' She said. 'Now, before you being your first year here, there will be a Sorting Ceremony. You will all be sorted in one house either from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. You will spend all of your schooling years here at Hogwarts and at the end of the year, the House Cup will be awarded to the house with most house points, which you can earn from lessons and such. There is a common room for each house and you will be sleeping in dorms. The Ceremony will being in few minutes so until then, please wait here patiently until I come back for you.'
And she turned around and disappeared through the big oak door. I caught a glimpse of the inside. It there were two LONG tables (I couldn't see he end) and it was filled with "students". I assumed there were two more tables on the other side which I wasn't able to see.

A second after the door closed shut behind Maggie, Tom said loudly, 'So it was true then, huh?' All the heads turned towards him. He had that sneer on his face. 'The Potters coming to Hogwarts?'

He came up the stairs and stood a step above me and Dan; the top platform.

'My name is Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.'

Rupert snorted, just like at the audition, and Tom looked at him sharply.

'You think my name's funny do you? No need to ask who you are. Red hair, handed down robes... You must be a Weasley.'

They glared at each other for a split second before Tom turned back to Dan. 'You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to be making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.'

He held out his hand.

'I think I can figure that out myself, thanks.'
Tom raised his eyes, narrowing his eyes slightly. Then he turned to me. He opened his mouth to speak when Maggie came out. She froze when she realised which part we were still up to.

'Cut!' Chris called from below.

'Sorry, my bad.' She laughed halfheartedly. 'Must've heard it wrong.'

'It's fine, it's fine.' We heard Chris say. 'From the beginning!'

'Sorry children.' Maggie apologised as we turned to head back down.

'It's fine!'

'That's ok.'

'No worries.'

We were back in the small dark room and when Chris cued, we walked up the stairs. We went fairly good and Tom and I were able to have our conversation without Maggie coming out from the door.

'Well, I hope you're more decent with decisions than your cousin here.'

I looked at his hand, glanced at Dan and my flickered up to Tom's nervously and shook his hand. 'As a fellow peer for now, I suppose.'
I saw a faint smile/smirk on his face and we released our hands, Maggie came out the door. Tom looked around him and went back to "Crabbe" and "Goyle".