Chapter 8: The Released Pokemon

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hilda woke up the next morning, looking around before remembering that she was in the Pokémon Center of Accumula Town. She notices her two Pokémon were still sleeping, as well as Ash and his Pikachu. Hilda got out of her bed and looked at the snoring Ash. Hilda giggled then decided to go take a shower and get dressed. They had a long day ahead of them.

When she finished and returned to her room, she opened the door and noticed Ash was gone. "He must have gone to take a shower and get ready as well." To her surprise, all of the Pokémon except her Oshawott were still sleeping. "Hey Oshawott." Hilda went over to her Oshawott and patted her head.

"Hm, it sounds dull keep calling you 'Oshawott'. Especially if we ever encounter another one." Hilda put a hand to her chin. "Am I able to call you something else? Like, give you a nickname?" Oshawott thought about it before nodding. "Hm, what should I name you then? I'll have to think of something later."

The door opened once again and Ash appeared in a t-shirt and jeans. "Don't tell me they're still sleeping," Ash said, looking at his three Pokemon.

Hilda nodded and went over to her Lillipup. "Should we wake them up and put them in their Pokeballs?" Ash nodded and the two did so without any problem. Well, Ash got shocked by Pikachu but everything was fine otherwise. Hilda returned her Oshawott before realizing something. "Hey Ash, why don't you put Pikachu in his Pokeball?"

Ash blinked before looking at Pikachu. "Pikachu actually hates going inside his Pokeball. The last time he was in a Pokeball was when I first got him 2 years ago."

"So Pokémon don't like it inside the Pokeballs?" Hilda wondered

Ash shrugged. "I don't know. From what I can remember, there are only two Pokémon I know that do not like being in Pokeballs. Pikachu, and Meowth from Team Rocket (For the sake of this, let's just say Hilda knows who Team Rocket is). Other than them, every other Pokémon is fine with it. There are Pokémon that don't want to be captured by trainers, but I don't think they resent the Pokeballs specifically."

Hilda looked at Pikachu curiously before reaching out and petting his head. "Pokémon sure are amazing. They're practically people, having different tastes and opinions."

Ash nodded before putting on his sweater. "Let's go to the Battle Club! I can't wait to battle!" Ash pumped his fist into the air in anticipation.

"Actually," Hilda started, making Ash slowly turn towards her. "I think we should do our shopping first. It would be best to get it out of the way now, don't you think?"

Ash thought about it. "Well, when you put it like that, how about you go do the shopping while I-" Hilda put her hands on her waist with raised eyebrows. Ash put his hands in the air. "While I accompany you and help you out! Yeah!"

Hilda smiled before leaving the room with her bag. "Good. You're in charge of Pokémon supplies. I'll be in charge of stuff we need to survive. I'll be waiting outside, don't forget to return the room keys to Nurse Joy!"

Ash let out a sigh of relief when she left. Pikachu jumped on Ash's shoulder and tilted his head. "I've never seen her angry, but I don't think I want to." Pikachu nodded in agreement, saying what Ash would presume to be the 'wise man.'

Ash packed everything up and went to the counter and gave Nurse Joy the room keys. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

Nurse Joy smiled. "Your welcome. Please come again!" Ash nodded before exiting the Pokémon Center. There he saw Hilda holding Oshawott looking at the sky.