Chapter 3: Let's Push On!

Hi!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let's Push on!" Ash said while pumping his hand into the air. It was around half an hour since Ash began his journey. Based on his actions, he clearly was just as excited as he was before.

"Pi Pikachu." Pikachu was looking at Ash with a deadpanned expression. Normal people wouldn't understand the problem of what our twelve-year-old was doing, as the adults said it as, "It's good to be young." However, Ash clearly understood what Pikachu was referring to.

"Yeah, I know I repeated that statement three times already." Ash said while scratching his head. "But I can't help it! Plus, I know you are just as excited as I am. Aren't you Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu squeaked with enthusiasm, signaling that Ash is correct. After all, he couldn't deny what Ash was saying, as he too was excited just as much as Ash. After all, this was the first time in weeks since they were on another journey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a bit of walking, Ash asked his Pikachu something. "Hey Pikachu, do you want to take a break here?"

"Pika?" Pikachu was confused. Normally, Ash wouldn't be tired until they walked twice the distance. Furthermore, Ash didn't seem to be tired one bit. Worried for the trainer, Pikachu reluctantly agreed on taking a break.

After about 5 minutes of pure silence, Pikachu definitely knew what was wrong. Ash wouldn't normally be this quiet, especially on the first day of the journey. Pikachu out of curiosity checked out his trainer.

The next thing Pikachu saw was something he never saw for quite a bit of time. It was a face of a very serious Ash who was looking as if he was thinking about something. Pikachu nudged his face to see if he could gain Ash's attention, but to no avail.

After repeated tries, Pikachu thought, "Fxxk it." And decided to give Ash a 'weak' thunderbolt.

"Piiiikaaa-CHUUUUUUU!!!" "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Now THIS definitely got Ash's attention. "Ah wh wh wha?!" Ash was in a state of shock. Both figuratively and VERY literally.

"Pi, Pi-ka."

"Huh?" Ash was about to burst, but quickly stopped as he saw the worried face of Pikachu. Based on what has happened so far as well as the expression Pikachu was making, Ash was able to understand what he was asking.

"Oh. Sorry, I was having a lot on my mind. I realized from my previous leagues that I should be more serious within my training. Plus, I was thinking it is important that I should try to prepare and think of some plan for my next battles."

To say that Pikachu was shocked was an understatement. Ever since Ash's journey, he has rarely ever planned in his battles. It seemed that the loss against Tobias was more shocking to Ash than Pikachu originally imagined.

To prevent any more worries, Ash quickly changed the subject. "So Pikachu, what Pokemon do you think we will encounter in this region?"

Ash was successful as Pikachu's attention changed completely. "Pi..." Pikachu was deep in thought. He too was wondering what Pokemon will be in his team.

Then speak of the devil, there was a rustling sound that caught both Ash and Pikachu's attention.

Both Ash and Pikachu looked up to where the sound was. Up on the tree, there was a nest. But when Ash looked closer, there were three birds, one significantly larger than the other.