I reassured him again and again that I was fine, and it wasn't his fault, but that wasn't enough for him and in the end he wouldn't leave until I had accepted the gifts he had brought. It probably had less to do with the fact that I was a human, and more to do with the fact that I was Prince Ashton's soulmate. Well, he didn't really have to worry about that anymore.

The atmosphere inside the house was subdued. Kevin was waiting for me anxiously by the door.

"Hey you," I smiled as I entered the house.

He searched my face with a serious expression, but I dodged his eyes as I shrugged out of my coat.

Kristof and Jun were in the living room having a quiet conversation. I thought I was moving silently, but as soon as I entered the room, they looked back at me.

Kristof's brows were knitted together and Jun cocked his head with his eyebrows raised. I gave them a small smile and then did a U-turn and went upstairs.

They'd probably figured out what had happened. Unfortunately, they would have to get the details from Ashton, because I did not have an explanation for them. I was tired and I just wanted to have a hot bath and go to bed. Kevin trailed behind me noiselessly. He was so quiet, I had to look back to see if he was actually there.

I paused in front of the room I had shared with Ashton. There was no way I would consider sleeping in there tonight.

"You can share my room," Kevin spoke up.

"Yeah, but Jackson..."

"Don't worry about that," he sighed. His voice was tired and resigned. None of his usual energy was there.

I frowned as I followed him to his room. I was so busy being miserable that I hadn't even noticed that Kevin wasn't doing too good himself. Did something bad happen during the four days I was unconscious?

Kevin let himself into the room and switched the lights on. Jackson's bed was neatly made. His side of the room looked a bit too neat and untouched, as if nobody was staying there. Then again, that was just like Jackson. Neat, organized and professional.

Kevin sat down on his bed with a sigh, as he stared at Jackson's bed. I perched beside him uncertainly.

"Liz," he sighed, pulling me closer to him in a hug. His eyes focused on me. I noticed the dark circles that were forming around them. I subconsciously ran my fingers across them.

"Are you getting enough sleep?"

"Forget about me. Are you okay?"

"You mean with the whole kidnapping experience or with..." I trailed off.

"Both. Whichever one you want to talk about first."

I shook my head. "Neither. Everyone says I'm selfless, but I think I'm very selfish."

"You're not-"

"Yes, I am," I interrupted him. "I always depend on you for help, but when do I ever help you out?"

"You help me a lot. You being here is enough for me."

"I doubt that," I frowned and he chuckled.

"How stubborn. You definitely are Elizabeth."

He lied down and stared at the ceiling. I reclined too, until I was lying beside him.

"What's happening?" I asked him.

He turned to look at me. "A lot."

I nodded, encouraging him to say more. He sighed and draped an arm across his face.