Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

Začít od začátku

Dustin and Lucas exchanged glances before running after Max.  Genie hung back with Will and Mike, a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey, say hi to the camera!" Will put the video camera in Genie's face and she playfully pushed it away.

"Did you guys agree to this?" Mike scowled. Will lowered the camera and Genie's smile faltered.

"What?" Will asked at the same time Genie said, "Huh?"

"To her joining the party." Mike continued to grumble.  Genie knit her brows.  She read what he was thinking about Max and it wasn't very nice.  She also read why he was thinking these things and this caused her to soften up on her next remark.

"It's just for Halloween, Mike." She said then placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "And she's not gonna replace Eleven."

"I-I know." Mike was caught off guard by Genie's last comment, "They still should've checked with us first."

"Why are you freaking out about this?" Will spoke from beside Genie. Mike shook his head.

"Why aren't you?"

"Because it's not a big deal!" Genie protested. Mike just stormed off down a new driveway while Will and Genie watched him go.

"Shit. Should we go after him?" Genie wondered aloud, taking a few steps forward only to be pushed back by some bigger kids with ugly plastic masks on.

"Zombie Boy." One was saying to Will. Genie marched over and grabbed the front of his mask, pulling it forward and letting it snap back against his face before turning to the one on her other side. The third went back to bother Will who fell to the ground and ran off down some stairs. Genie didn't notice he was gone until the bullies left and she found his video camera laying unattended on the ground.

"Shit." She muttered, spinning in a complete circle and scanning the ever-growing crowd. "Mike!"

Mike appeared quickly, rushing down the driveway with his candy bag swinging. "What?"

"I lost Will." The pure panic in her eyes made Mike drop whatever temporary grudge he held against the girl.

They searched until they heard a timid voice calling, "Genie! Mike?"

With one quick exchange of glances, the two ran towards the voice. Sure enough, Will was sitting, huddled up against a brick wall. Genie crouched down in front of him and hesitantly grabbed his hand. Immediately, she appeared in his 'episode' and his breathes slowed.

"Genie, it's here." He whimpered, glancing up at the sky where he shadow monster once again loomed above them. Genie swallowed the lump in her throat.

"We won't let it hurt anybody, okay?" She nodded reassuringly. Will exhaled shakily and closed his eyes, nodding back. When Will opened his eyes, the environment around them had gone back to normal. Mike was standing behind Genie, watching the exchange with concern.

Tears welled up in Will's eyes and he looked up at his friends, frightened.

"I couldn't find you—either of you." He whispered.  Genie took his hand and gently squeezed it.  She didn't know what to say so she hoped the action would be enough.

"Are you hurt?" Mike asked, kneeling down next to Genie.  Will shook his head.

"Holy shit!" Genie turned to face Dustin, Lucas and Max who had just entered the scene. 

"Is he okay?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know!" Mike seemed stressed.

"He's gonna be fine." Genie's calm voice affected the others more than she could know.  She absentmindedly used her powers, sending waves of serenity their ways.

"Keep trick-or-treating." Mike instructed the others and Genie helped Will to his feet.

She saw Lucas and Max mumbling quietly to each other and Genie knew Max was confused.  Of course she was, who wouldn't be if they didn't know anything about what happened the year previous?

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
The only time I've gotten off the couch td was the go to the bathroom and get food.  Gotta love snow days :)

Also, I've never gotten this far in a fanfic before so I'm really proud of myself rn :)

Has anyone watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier yet? I've watched the first two episodes and I'm pissed but that's not the right fandom so uh bye

*again, I wrote this late March/early april*
See you in chapter five <3