"Alpha," Taeyong gasped, leaning into Daehyun's touch.

"Mine," Daehyun growled against his ear, his other hand tracing the mark on Taeyong's nape. The permanent scar that bound them together. Taeyong's eyes fluttered closed as Daehyun pushed him against the wall, caging in him with his body. "My one and only."

"Yours," Taeyong panted, tugging him down again, letting his mind fog all he could think about were Daehyun's lips on his body and the growing heat taking over him.

Purring, Taeyong nuzzled against Daehyun's side, draping his legs over his. Freshly showered and worn out, Taeyong yawned against his chest, humming as Daehyun brushed his fingers against his back.

"You really felt it today, didn't you," Daehyun whispered, kissing his forehead.

Taeyong pursed his lips. "Guess I'm just more sensitive now," he said and stifled a laugh. "Physically and mentally."

"I know," Daehyun whispered. He ran his fingers up and down Taeyong's spine, at a slow, steady tempo.

"Will you tell me what's been bothering you now?"

Taeyong stiffened. "I told you, it's nothing," he mumbled, hiding his face in the nook of Daehyun's arm.

"Taeyong," Daehyun said. He shifted to face him and brushed Taeyong's hair from his face. "Talk to me."

"It's nothing," Taeyong repeated and in retaliation, turned around. "I'm tired. Goodnight."

He could still feel Daehyun's eyes on him, but no one broke the silence. Instead, Daehyun wrapped his arm around Taeyong's middle and pulled him into his chest.

Taeyong stared out in front of him, making out the outline of his nightstand in the dark.

It wasn't his secret to tell. And he didn't want it to hinder Daehyun's work with his gossip. It wasn't a big deal anyway. Taeyong's carried much heavier secrets. This was one pebble in the ocean of thoughts. With enough time, it too would disappear below the surface, forgotten.

Daehyun didn't need to know. Most of his friends didn't tell their mates anything. Maintaining the peace was more important. Being diplomatic was an omega's greatest strength.

But that's not why Daehyun married him. They've seen the ugliest sides of each other and worked through the nightmares that used to plague them. They trusted each other before marriage was ever on the table. They could build a castle from the number of secrets shared between them.

Taeyong shifted under Daehyun's arm and faced him, staring at the outline of his face as he chose his words carefully.

"I think Hungwoo is cheating on Jaejin."

Silence. It stretched over them like an elastic band as they wordlessly stared at each other.

"What makes you think that?" Daehyun whispered.

Taeyong bit his lip. "I think I met his mistress. The day we went shopping, remember?" Taeyong sighed, restraining himself. "She's a store employee but she had one of Jaejin's lipsticks. Those are custom-made, and Jaejin would never give them to someone, let alone someone random. There's no other explanation."

Daehyun hummed. "You didn't see them together then?"

"No," he whispered. "But it's strong evidence."

"Does Jaejin know about this?"

"I don't know. I don't know how he'd react if I bring it up."

"Do you want advice?"

"Yes," Taeyong breathed out, his voice more desperate than intended.

Daehyun gently shushed him and drew him closer. Taeyong took a deep breath and nuzzled his chest. "There's two things you can do. One, tell Jaejin and take responsibility for what comes next. Or two, you don't tell him."

The options weighed heavy on Taeyong's chest. He knew which one was the right thing to do, but he had no proof or concrete evidence. "What should I do?"

"Do you want my honest opinion?"

Taeyong nodded.

Daehyun paused. "I wouldn't tell him."

"What," Taeyong gasped, lifting his head.

"Calm down," Daehyun whispered, rubbing Taeyong's arm as he laid back down.

"How can I not tell him, Daehyun?"

"You asked for my opinion," Daehyun said and shifted closer. "You don't know the whole situation. You can't go around accusing Hungwoo of that."

"But–"

"And," Daehyun continued. "It wouldn't be right for you to get involved. Jaejin is a very private person. Interfering might do more harm than good."

Taeyong frowned. "But Jaejin's my friend," he whispered.

"And you know him enough to question if he'd take it out on you."

That. That was the unfortunate truth. The threat to his reputation would make Taeyong the first target in Jaejin's rage. Taeyong usually had the fire to match him. But now that he's pregnant...

Taeyong placed his hand on his stomach and sighed. He was in no position to be caught in that storm. "I'm surprised by you," he whispered. "What happened to being fair?"

"I know." Daehyun held Taeyong to his chest and placed a kiss on the top of his head, releasing his musky scent to soothe him. "But my priorities have changed. "I need you to focus on yourself," he added, placing his hand over Taeyong's. "Promise me you won't get involved."

Taeyong closed his eyes and nodded. "I promise," he breathed out. With a last kiss, Taeyong's mind lulled to sleep, he dreamt of the vast ocean and threw the pebble as far as he could, watching it sink below the surface, waiting for the ripples to come to a gradual stop.