Chapter 7 [Snuggly Sutcliff]

Authors Note: This chapters my shortest chapter!! I hope to keep it that way, I don't think I could stand getting any shorter- sorry my dear readers. At the time I was writing this, I wasn't feeling the best: writers block, mental health, social health, school, family issues that kind of stuff... 782 Words

It was started to get dark outside, giving the long walk a sort of dreary aroma. You were very thankful for Grell, your 'protecter', knowing she would dropkick anyone who got too close to you. Within one mere day, you could feel a friendship blooming, and maybe, more than that..

Your thoughts were interrupted by Ms. Sutcliffs speaking. "I wonder, if we should just stay at the office tonight," She suggested, looking over at you for approval. "Like, sleep there?" You fixed your spectacles, comprehending the option as the walk continued. "Quite so, yes. I do have a small couch we could sleep on, and I'm sure a there's blanket around.. Oh! And I always have outfits, I'm sure some could be comfortable enough to sleep in," She rambled, yet she had you sold at 'couch we could sleep on'. "Together?" You hummed softly, wanted her to be comfortable with it, though you sensed she was. "Well, of course, why wouldn't we Hun?" She cooed, fixing your hair as she seemed to always do. "Hmm, okay," You agreed, the feeling of tiredness starting to catch up to you.

     The rest of the walk went quietly, as you both were drained. The bags started to get heavier and heavier as you sluggishly walked down the pavement. "Just a little farther Darling," You jumped at her sudden words, looking over at her. "Mhm.." You mumbled tiredly, the shinigami building starting to come into view as you yawned.

You two were finally walking through the doors, a few shinigami preparing for a late night reaping started to rush out the door past you, almost making you fall. Luckily, Grell was there to cradle you in her arms and protect you from the hustle. It was a miracle that you got into the elevator, despite all the reapers trying to get home. You glanced at William, who was getting yet another cup of coffee. He was clearly going to be working late. He gave the smallest, almost unnoticeable smile at you, making you flinch slightly. He hadn't smiled at you in what seemed like forever, it made you let out a small giggle.

      "Hmm, what's so funny?" Grell questioned curiously, wrapping her arm around your shoulder and yawning. "William smiled at me," You boasted proudly, to which the female gave a warm smile and brought you up to her office.

  Quickly, you put all the snacks in the corner, as she rummaged through a clothing rack she had. "Aha! Found it!" She grinned, holding up a red and white tie-dyed hoodie with three roses stitched on the front. In the other hand was a pair of dark gray shorts. "You can wear this," She set it on her small loveseat before humming and continuing her search. You looked under her desk and found a large blanket, a deep scarlet, almost identical to her hair color.

     You set the blanket on the couch, by this time Grell had found a short sleeve red shirt with the words "number 1" stitched in white across the chest, and a pair of black leggings. She was in the corner changing, and you had possibly took a peek at her, only being met with her back, and giving up, mentally cursing yourself for even thinking about watching her change. You changed as well, in the opposite corner. "You have a very nice body," Grell smiled, glancing over at you but not for long.

     "Don't worry, I didn't see anything~!" She verified, fixing her hair and kicking her feet while sitting in the loveseat. "Just your back, that's all." You sighed softly of relief, being as that was all you had seen as well. You quickly scrambled into the couch, yawning once more. "I'm tired," You whined, earning a soft chuckled and a nod as Grell laid down, her arms wide open. "If you don't want to fall, I have to hold you~" She cooed, smiling her bright, sharp, perfect smile.

     You crawled into the nook of her arms as she threw the blanket over the two of you and snuggled into your hair, you could almost feel her smile. "Your hair smells sweet, I like that," She giggled, her grasp tight but not harming. The warmth quickly sent the two of you to sleep, and you were more than pleased to sleep for the entire night.