Chapter 3 [A Date]

Authors Note: Hey lovely's! This weeks chapter is going to be a bit longer than most, it's a big day for you and Grell after all. I've been working really hard on this, thank you for all the support! I'm posting this right away specifically for a friend of mine *wink wink*. Also, let me know if you like these little authors notes! 2095 Words

     As you made your way out of the Shinigami Office, your arm loosely wrapped around Grells as she carried your papers, you were stopped by none other than your brother. "Where are you going, you're not ditching on work, are you?" He scolded. "Of course not! I'm going to the Library of Cinematic Records!" You assured. "And to a couple stores to buy some desired products" Grell added. William simply pushed up his spectacles and nodded, leaving you two be.

You walked for what seemed like an eternity before you finally made it. You walked in, being greeted by The Undertaker loudly cackling at the receptionist. It was a migraine inducing display, but at the same time, it was somewhat sweet. "Hello, [Ms./Mr./Mx.] Spears and Mr. Sutcliff" The receptionist cooed. "That's Ms. Sutcliff!" Grell corrected. The receptionist just ignored it, however. That made you feel uneasy. "Let's go put these away" You said to her, pulling her away so she wouldn't start attacking the disrespectful receptionist, though Grell wasn't in the complete wrong mindspace.

     You carefully placed the documents on a table as you began sifting through them while Grell found the correct peoples' cinematic records. It took you both at least an hour to finish, but you both worked together, and eventually, she even made you smile with her flirtatious coos and her stupid jokes, and even her stories of transphobia. "You know, Y/N, you're one of the only people who even uses my correct pronouns! How rude of a way to treat a lady, but you know just how to treat a lady" Grell explained, lying on one of the couch's as you looked through someone cinematic record, just for fun. You let out a small smile, hiding your now blushing face. "Darling, have I not assured that that red blush on your face just makes you even more stunning?" She walked behind you, staring at the book as well. "Thank you, Sutcliff" "Grell" She corrected you. You two were already getting so close, it seemed to be going so fast, yet, you seemed to like it. "Alright, Grell." You mumbled, placing the book down. "I believe we have a few other things to do"

You and Grell walked out of the library, heading down the sidewalk to Gravesland, a store that specifically sold spectacle supplies, which is much more important and convenient than you may think. The only question is...what's up with the name?

     Carefully walking through the large glass doors, your eyes swiftly analyzed the aisles as you sifted through them, looking for the supplies the spectacle maker acquired. "Oh dear, it is just thrilling to see you on the job" The redhead cooed from behind you, busy looking at a some new strings for her own glasses. "I- Uhm.. thank you?" You murmured, grabbing the last of the supplies whilst walking up to the cashier. Grell hurried behind you, throwing a red string with white roses in your basket. You rubbed your temples before watching the total amount come up as the cashier rang your items up.

As you went to swipe your card, the cashier stopped you by saying "What a strange string for a man". You knew Grell was about to show her who was the boss, but you grabbed her hand back, glaring the cashier in the eyes. "She's not a man, she's a lady. I'm William T. Spears' [sister/brother/sibling], my brother could easily get you fired, as well as I could. Transphobia to customers would not be good on your reputation". The cashier stood there dumbfounded as you grabbed your stuff, paying, and leaving.

"Wow Darling, I didn't think you had that in you! Thanks so much My Dear" She wrapped her arm around your shoulders with a sharp smile. You chuckled lightly, walking to the nearest hardware store for the last of the supplies you needed. Grell instantly ran off to some random aisle as you grabbed what you needed.