Insecure- Derek.

Ive always been in awe of the pretty girls.

The effortlessly beautiful girls, the ones boys beg on their hands and knees for, the girls you watch from a distance and admire.

Ive always wondered what it's like to be one of those girls. One of those girls who have affection handed to them. The ones who look good without trying. Girls who are praised.

worshipped.

Ive always wanted

to be one of those girls.

I mean, don't we all?

But no matter how hard I try to change my figure, my face, my clothes and my whole appearance could change and I would still never be them.

I will never be effortlessly beautiful.

"Y/n?" Derek called out.

I couldn't let him see me like this. I wiped the tears and pulled my hoodie over my face hoping he wouldn't suspect anything.

"Baby.." He cooed as he sat in front of my drained self.

"I'm sorry." I said quickly before the lump in my throat got tighter trying to sallow the sobs away.

"What why are you sorry?" He shook his head as he took my hand into his.

I pointed to the pictures on the floor.

He got up and walked over seeing a huge mess of beautiful girls on the floor.

"You are overthinking again aren't you?" He sighed.

I held my arms out wanting him to hold me again.

"I'm right here." He whispered as he picked me up. "Darling I'm right here," He laid me down on his couch in his loft relaxing me. "You are beautiful and I don't know how you don't see it."

"I have to try!" I finally let my thoughts eat me alive. "It's never fair! They don't have to try ever- I have to wake up every morning putting tons of makeup on my face hiding-"

"And how many times do I tell you I love you without makeup." He cut me off.

"A lot.."

"And when do I always take off your makeup so it doesn't get ruined later?"

"All the time.." I sighed as I sank into the couch more.

"You are so much more to me than you think. If it weren't for you these smiles would be fake but I feel something with you that makes them real." Derek pecked my lips.

"But-"

"I love you baby, I do and I love the way you do everything and think you are a mess. If you are a mess then I'm a disaster." He smirked lightening the mood.

"But we aren't perfect."

"perfect people don't feel this love because everything they have is fake thats why it's perfect."

"So does that make us imperfect?" I ask.

"Imperfectly right for each other." He answered.

"I like the sound of that."

"I do too."