"Mine, mommy," Jayden timidly raised his hand.

"Mine, too, mama," Jared added after his twin, giving her a cheeky grin.

"Well, I love it and I bet it's going to taste really good," she praised, leaning over to kiss both twins on the cheek.

"Try it, mama," Xander said, handing her a fork. "I helped papa cook the eggs."

"Thank you, baby," she gestured to Xander to lean down so she could give him a kiss, which he happily obliged. Now, 5 years old, she wanted him to stop growing up so quickly.

Cutting up the food, she quickly brought it up to her lips. She took a bite of the pancakes before taking a bite of the eggs, knowing full on that the boys were watching her every move like a hawk. Pausing to chew, she nodded, making sure to show her kids that she was enjoying it. It perhaps tasted even more delicious than usual since her kids had helped.

"It's so good," she praised, taking a sip of the orange juice. "I think my little chefs deserve some praise."

Their faces brightened up immediately as she, once again, placed kisses on their faces.

"Hey, what about the main chef?" Xavier muttered, feeling left out. After all, he was the one who was the main cook— doesn't he deserve some praise, too?

Aurora rolled her eyes, gesturing for her husband to get closer as she sighed dramatically. "Alright, my big baby, I guess you get some love, too."

"I guess?" He repeated, narrowing his eyes at her. "You're so getting it tonight, sweetheart."

Laughing, she cupped his face, planting a sweet kiss on his lips. Before she could pull away, he deepened the kiss, causing the kids to squeal in either surprise, confusion, or disgust— Aurora wasn't sure.

"Papa, no eating mama face," pouted Jared, pushing at his father's chest.

"Eat this," Jayden grabbed the fork and shoved a pancake into his father's mouth.

Aurora couldn't hold back her laughter as she watched the look of shock form on Xavier's face. She loved their kids so fucking much— she wouldn't trade her life for anything else in the world.

The rest of breakfast time consisted of Xavier playfully wrestling around with all three boys, who were now getting bigger and seemed to never grow tired. Aurora shook her head, making sure to remind the boys not to get hurt, while she fed bits of eggs and toast to Ayla. Ayla, being the princess of the family, sat in her mother's lap and continued to watch her brothers and father in great wonder.

Aurora couldn't help but keep the smile on her face as she watched how happy their family was. Tilting her head down, she watched Ayla babble as she played with a spoon.

"Your brothers are so silly, aren't they?" Aurora asked, laughing as Xander, Jared, and Jayden sat on Xavier's back as her husband pretended to give up the fight.

Ayla babbled, slamming her spoon down onto the tray causing Aurora to laugh at what she assumed to be agreement. Wiping the drool from Ayla's mouth, she brushed the toddler's hair away from her face before kissing the top of her head.

Like she had mentioned earlier, she wouldn't trade her life with anything in the world.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

"Isn't this nice— just the two of us?"

Xavier wrapped his arms around Aurora's bare waist, sliding her towards him so that her bare back was touching his bare chest. They sat comfortably in the tub, feeling the warm water soothe their tiredness and stress from the week away.